A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: billybussey.com V2

Originally posted by Xample
    Look, I dont want anyone to take what I said the wrong way. The work is very well done, it's just not meant to build a website around. If he were going to have a section of the site that showcased his 3d talents that's definitely something that he should include. But when thinking through projects that are meant to be viewed online, you must think about the people viewing your site, and the potential clients that are viewing your site. Like I said before, this work is very well done but it's probably better off being on a dvd-rom/promo kit than a website.
    Here Here!
    The 3d work is awsome!
    I love the intro is great(I dont usually like intros)
    But why do I have to click, wait for loading, then click again when loaded?
    You just dont do that!
    Seems Billy needs to learn a little usability.

Look, I dont want anyone to take what I said the wrong way. The work is very well done, it's just not meant to build a website around. If he were going to have a section of the site that showcased his 3d talents that's definitely something that he should include. But when thinking through projects that are meant to be viewed online, you must think about the people viewing your site, and the potential clients that are viewing your site. Like I said before, this work is very well done but it's probably better off being on a dvd-rom/promo kit than a website.
    If BB wants to sell himself as a 3D master then this is the right way to do it. Everyone who has seen this version knows his skills in this area because it's right in your face. If it was just a section of his site or on a promo disc his potential clients might not even notice or see it.

Who's We did exactly the same thing and now they are pulling in big clients.

I think this site has huge potential for him and we have yet to see the final version.

Its pretty good, will it be smoother when the final release is out? or is it my comp.

Edit: The Intro loaded eventually and im gonna have sex with the end part where he does all that minority report shiznit.
    Last edited by Daniellawson; 07-14-2003 at 02:17 PM.

agreed. nice 3d. but what's the point of making a site hardly anyone will be able to see? slow and takes forever to load.... and i'm on a T1 line with a Mac G4 here at work...

wow ... great website ...
    Life is an X-periment , so sit back and enjoy !!!

God is real ... unless declared int.

http://www.leihitu.nl

argh... 3D 3D 3D... only 3D stuff...

and it takes ages to load...

conclusion

the time you waste to load the entire site, it does not worth it.
    http://www.vectormedia.com.br
    Multimedia Designer

how did he get the rights to the intro song by Voodoo and Serrano - Blood Is Pumping? anyway there is a ton to like here, great 3d work, nice sound effects, a fun upbeat in your face site, did I mention great 3d work!..
    glenn

Agreed... the 3d is neat, but not everyone has 5 gigs of processor power to view this thing. I thought my p4 2.4 and 1 gig of memory would be able to handle it, but I've been wrong before....

Wow! That just raised the bar.

I had no probs viewing it, must of fixed it.

im disappointed. what he created was a promotional tool that should be used for dvd-rom presentation to clients and potential clients. that is not a website. what he did was good work, it's just not meant to be a website.
    what and odd post... why can't a website be promotional? he just showed it could be...
    g.

man that intro gave me some chills, mostly the end when hes moving those things around with his finger, great stuff!, and the voice in teh beginning was so nice n clear like in the movie previews. lol

does anyone know if he made all the 3d video/after effects himself, or he knew people to hook him up with the good stuff.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

Originally posted by bomb threat
    what and odd post... why can't a website be promotional? he just showed it could be...
    g.
    i totally agree with you bomb. the site is just for that....promoting his skills. its to be seen, felt and experienced. hes not trying to win people over with content...honeslty i wouldnt care if there was any content at all. its just a fun site.....a visual experience, and i think he did a great job.

great work, nice attention to detail yet your home button shifts when navigating..doh! hook it!

does anyone know if he made all the 3d video/after effects himself, or he knew people to hook him up with the good stuff.
    If he got other people to do it for him then it wouldn't be his portfolio.

review

My review on this site!
    Well, I think it's amazing. Awesome 3D work, great transitions I just love the site. I'll be posting it as a "Featured Site" on noiz22.com for sure. Thumbs up for Billy.

Cheers

i dont think i even need to say how much i liked this site.

but anyway

u know the console on the intro, the minority report thingy. how the hell. please enlighten me. i get the digital video of him sitting at a desk but the other effects where amazing.

kinda halo'ish if any of u guys know what i mean

p.s. the site rocks, must have one hell of a server. lets have a competition. who can guess the number of visitors in the first 24 hours. billy can come and verify it for us.

i would say 7,500 ( maybe a little high, but the whole of flashkit knows about it so why not)
    freshly squeezed media

I'm not a fan of this kind of stuff normally and for my taste the whole thing is a bit overblown, over-hyped, but there's no denying it's well done.

What I wanted to see was more of the kind of stuff he does at the end of the intro, where he's sitting at the desk, that was ten times cooler than zooming down a 3d 'tunnel' full of abstract shapes - I never get that kind of stuff.

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    Originally posted by JayCharles
    Agreed... the 3d is neat, but not everyone has 5 gigs of processor power to view this thing. I thought my p4 2.4 and 1 gig of memory would be able to handle it, but I've been wrong before....
    dude, something must be really wrong with your computer...running a 1.5 with 512mb here and it ran perfectly smooth.

As for the "slowness"...that's more due to the fact of the huge number of users and less on the size. It is pretty big (how big? I'm not sure) but it's a reasonable download. It was not slower/faster than any other pouplar 3d intro sites.

edit: by "slowness" i'm refering to the loading times
    Last edited by rafiki55; 07-14-2003 at 05:02 PM.

i just watched it on my 850 laptop and it ran smooth as butter, not sure why it doesn't like your p4 2.4 with 1 gig of memory!

Surprisingly it ran smooth on my G4 400 with the not as fast flash player. Nice transitions, I just wish he put more rollover cues, like the glass with text, maybe highlight the text with a glow or something. All that great work and minimal interactivity.
    L. Jones
    www.urbansory.com