A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2advanced.com

Just woke up 10.30 am here, catching up with the last 10 or so pages of this thread, what an anti-climax for the guys that counted it down hehe

Checked 2advanced a few minutes ago...took about 30 seconds to load up

I have to say I’m not very keen on this.

I am not to sure about the color scheme, but call that personal taste if you will. Also I'm not to keen on the heavy use of the diagonal lines.

The company has great skills, especially in animation and effects as we have all seen from previous sites. I just think that it has not been used properly on this 1.

I was expecting something really special with all the hype that it has been going around, but it think I prefer the old site to be honest, it was much more pleasing on my eyes. I won't go into to much more detial, because I learnt a while ago on this forum you can't speak bad about 2A without getting your head bitten off.

I know allot of you really like 2A and I'm sorry to talk negative, but that is just how I see it. I'm not bashing 2A's skills or anything, because their client work is nothing short of amazing.

I did however enjoy the demo real

I'll be looking forward to see the reaction you all have to this site.

Ritchie
    Last edited by Ritchie-T; 07-17-2003 at 05:48 AM.

It always rains here!
    Originally posted by Ritchie-T
    I have to say I’m not very keen on this.

I am not to sure about the color scheme, but call that personal taste if you will. Also I'm not to keen on the heavy use of the diagonal lines.

The company has great skills, especially in animation and effects as we have all seen from previous sites. I just think that it has not been used properly on this 1.

I was expecting something really special with all the hype that it has been going around, but it think I prefer the old site to be honest, it was much more pleasing on my eyes. I won't go into to much more detial, because I learnt a while ago on this forum you can't speak bad about 2A without getting your head bitten off.

I know allot of you really like 2A and I'm sorry to talk negative, but that is just how I see it.

I'm not bashing 2A's skills or anything, because there client work is nothing short of amazing.

I did however enjoy the demo real

I'll be looking forward to see the reaction you all have to this site.

Ritchie
    That's fine, I can TOTALLY see where you're coming from, I think the colour scheme was a bit of a gamble, but only certain colour schemes suit the futuristic style of the site. At the end of the day, they couldn't use the blue / grey theme of the old site, I kinda like the new one, it does work with the style of the site.

I don't think anyone can deny that that is one of the most impressive demo reels ever made by a web design company.

My only complaints are these:

On my Pentium 3 900 - 256 meg ram, 16 mb graphics card, it runs like a DOG.

On anything but broadband it's unusable - but then they're only really targeting high profile people now.

Small qualms but anyway.

Excellent! I like the site much with those effectz, textz, etc. 2advanced has done a great job. I like thiz site than the prev one.

All good points. I can see where Richie T is coming from as there was a great deal of hype surrounding the release and I suppose people where expecting something more detached from v3, however I still feel its a good linear progression of the 2A brand.

It is processor intensive i agree but I think that 2A are looking to keep the site for 18 months like v3 so I suppose the base spec will catch up. Not everyone will agree that this is good design principles but like Olli said I think they're target audience with this site is the big boys and not your average pII.

Ian

It always rains here!
    Originally posted by optical
    however I still feel its a good linear progression of the 2A brand.
    Oh totally. Would be silly of them not to really - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Originally posted by optical
    I think they're target audience with this site is the big boys and not your average pII.

Ian
    Although, the majority of home users aren't going to have 4ghz P4's with 40000 meg of ram and 2 x 128 mb g/cards that permit the oh so smooth 60 fps that the site warrants.

i'm diggin it...i guess i expected too much though. 2 advanced office janitor has better skills than me. none of what i say is to slight them. but this is THE company and worthy of serious examination. i don't have anything critical to say about it. i like the color combo, complimentary. not as powerful as the dark blue/grey but it pops. the demo reel is slick but i prefer http://fluxen.com/ 'resolve'. The coolest thing about 2advanced is the attention to detail. every little angle has been thought and rethought. gradients resonate perfectly, perfect typography. gonna take a little time to soak it in. tight work...coulda been a little more daring though.
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

well first of all they really needed a fresh face for the site, for such a big company version3 was not that cuting edge anymore so i'm glad version 4 brings something new about visiting the site.

I love the colors, i won't lie to you, i was expecting something that would leave me with this look and i didn't but i guess is just that expectations were too high because if you see it from a normal point of view (without having in mind it's 2advanced) the site is really good.

in conclusion i was expecting better but i like the site.

Good points, I can see the reason behind going for people with half decent computers and connections, it makes sense to for a company like that.

I was expecting to come on this morning and find this thread reaching page 100 already, it's not going like the usual 2A thread. But that is a good thing I guess lol, nice to have a constructive conversation about them once in a while

Originally posted by SouthShore
    i like the color combo, complimentary. not as powerful as the dark blue/grey but it pops.
    Anyone else think that red and blue/green together would have been a little risky to use as main colours? Having said this I do think it panned out fairly well in the end.

Originally posted by Ritchie-T
    Good points, I can see the reason behind going for people with half decent computers and connections, it makes sense to for a company like that.

I was expecting to come on this morning and find this thread reaching page 100 already, it's not going like the usual 2A thread. But that is a good thing I guess lol, nice to have a constructive conversation about them once in a while
    Here Here
    Last edited by optical; 07-17-2003 at 07:30 AM.

OMG
    my email has approx 290+ someone just posted a reply....

Why did I not see that coming!

Mod !! please close this thread. let's start anew

Page cannot be found

Anyone have any screens ?

There are a few knocking around in other threads, e.g. http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=472799

You may also want to try www.2advanced.org see if you have more sucess loading!

Okay ...

It's nice ... has some new goodies .. but still liked the V3. And why does it take 4 ever to load the other sections?

V3 was pretty fast.

But still .. nice job

oh yeah ... about the color scheme

First reaction : UH ?
    But after a while : hmmm Like it ...
    Now : aight ... nice nice nice ...
    Last edited by X-perimental Concept; 07-17-2003 at 07:34 AM.
    Life is an X-periment , so sit back and enjoy !!!

God is real ... unless declared int.

http://www.leihitu.nl

I would like to see ohw quicklythe pages load on dial-up. I'm on broadband, and the sections are taking forever to load.

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar

The all new 2advanced Prophecy

http://www.2advanced.com/

I like! That is all I can say!!!!

Feedback to 2A Studios

I overslept the launch by 2 1/2 hrs. I predicted blood red or crimson at the beginning of that huge bloody thread. heheh

I think 2A is the mercedes of webdesign. These guys detail out everything.

I would love to see 2A let loose and let vectors fly. There work is always very compact and busy. But I guess that's what makes them 2A.
    It's just that everyone recognizes their mastery of design, I would like to see them open it up a little.

It has nothing to do with your connection speed. It is taking forever cause everyone and their monkey is trying to view the site.
    ----------------------------
    Felix_Man
    "Shop smart... Shop S-MART"

Why was the other 2A thread deleted, i must of missed something because where i left off it was going quite well for a 2A thread?

Oh well, My thoughts where in a deleted thread. I can't be assed to type my big message again right now, maybee later lol.

In a nutshell, I was not all that keen