A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2advanced.com

my two cents.

I guess I was hoping that the site would be simpler, cleaner, than V3, rather than more of everything. It has the dirty look of a site like taig kris, when I was hoping for the clean, suggestive lines of a skyworks inc. I was really suprised to see so much information on the screen.

The other suprise was the colour, it's just not a colour I like - not without more relief certainly - it adds to the dirty look and all in all it's too dark for my tastes, or rather there isn't the contrast that I think it needs.

The idea of this theme/story running through the site was interesting, a 3d style with a bit of anime thrown into it, again not something I'm normally big on but the demo reel was impressive. I suppose my reservation about this is that I'd like to see 2advanced as a design studio, I'd like to see a demo reel that showcases their work rather than creating an ambience and background story for their site, good though it is. I have an aversion to hype and there is a bit too much of that here, though it is tied to the background story.

I was talking to someone earlier and I made a comparison with theory7.com, both these sites have the same 'footprint' size and both are designed to display a lot of information, though their purposes are quite different. In my mind theory7 succeeds as it focusses on the information without overwhelming the user; there's too much 'smoke' on the 2advanced site to see the fire... hmmm, lousy metaphor. I can understand the attraction of creating an ambience and a 'theme' to the site that ties into the demo reel, and I do think it works, but I guess I'd rather they hadn't :shrug:

I've visited the site three times in the last few hours and I like it more each time, I think it will be a site that grows on you and I hope they supply enough regular updates to the content, it would be nice to see those case studies and maybe some writings from within.

The older versions of the site were kept at http://www.2advanced.com/archive

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...vanced+archive

Not sure if v3 will be put in there...

hay what is thaat

baaad idea
    new idea coming soon

if you can't express your opinion without resorting to puerile smut then don't post at all.

Originally posted by aversion
    my two cents.

I guess I was hoping that the site would be simpler, cleaner, than V3, rather than more of everything. It has the dirty look of a site like taig kris, when I was hoping for the clean, suggestive lines of a skyworks inc. I was really suprised to see so much information on the screen.

The other suprise was the colour, it's just not a colour I like - not without more relief certainly - it adds to the dirty look and all in all it's too dark for my tastes, or rather there isn't the contrast that I think it needs.

The idea of this theme/story running through the site was interesting, a 3d style with a bit of anime thrown into it, again not something I'm normally big on but the demo reel was impressive. I suppose my reservation about this is that I'd like to see 2advanced as a design studio, I'd like to see a demo reel that showcases their work rather than creating an ambience and background story for their site, good though it is. I have an aversion to hype and there is a bit too much of that here, though it is tied to the background story.

I was talking to someone earlier and I made a comparison with theory7.com, both these sites have the same 'footprint' size and both are designed to display a lot of information, though their purposes are quite different. In my mind theory7 succeeds as it focusses on the information without overwhelming the user; there's too much 'smoke' on the 2advanced site to see the fire... hmmm, lousy metaphor. I can understand the attraction of creating an ambience and a 'theme' to the site that ties into the demo reel, and I do think it works, but I guess I'd rather they hadn't :shrug:

I've visited the site three times in the last few hours and I like it more each time, I think it will be a site that grows on you and I hope they supply enough regular updates to the content, it would be nice to see those case studies and maybe some writings from within.

i agree, but you are working with Theory 7 or soemthing becasue i dont agree with that site being really any less info on the site than the a site.

Originally posted by ultrashocker
    i agree, but you are working with Theory 7 or soemthing becasue i dont agree with that site being really any less info on the site than the a site.
    not sure I understand what you're saying, but I am not and never have worked with theory7 on anything. Nevil's a friend of mine but I would be able to contribute about zero to his site, he certainly doens't need my help!

Its definately above v3, although the vector-based layout is still a dominant element they added a lot mor ps generated details + other tricks (like their ebeer effects here and there, also their 3d work). Its nice to see they came up with new transitions that don't need any 3d app or ebeer type app to create. I think that's a big plus. I read earlier posts saying that 2a v3 is better...
    Probably what they mean is that when 2a v3 was launched it had more impact, but this one has so much more elements than the previous one, and although it didn't create such an impression you have to see this is an improvement over the last one... this one has so much more elements to it.

I like it.
    currently footerless

if you can't express your opinion without resorting to puerile smut then don't post at all.
    i think your plan seems to be working though aversion.
    i think its a good thing that your the moderator here.
    and after a few of us voiced concerns about the level of flaming and childish comments on these boards its great that you are keeping it professional as best you can.

over the past 4 weeks i have noticed a drop in the amount of garbage posted on this site.

thankyou.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

Guess What
    technically it sucks on MAC OS X

NS. don't play
    IE. slowing a lot

beside everybody is burning the server processor

technically it sucks on PC XP

NS. bad performance
    IE. good

I dont think they will win any award.
    Last edited by dingoflash; 07-17-2003 at 02:51 PM.
    you've asked for it don't be pissed

my two cents.

when i first viewed nevils site i felt welcome.
    i actually wanted to view the site and i spent quite some time wasting my hours pressing buttons and looking at all the work there.

the new 2A site just doesnt make me feel invited.

p.s. his site isnt full of errors either
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

Originally posted by Onionboy
    over the past 4 weeks i have noticed a drop in the amount of garbage posted on this site.
    thanks, I hope so.

why come to a forum and just post crap? if you're not going to express yourself it's just pointless, this is supposed to be a discussion forum, not a playground or a kindergarten, it's supposed to be a place designers of all levels can come and talk about design. I just want to keep it that way.

Originally posted by dingoflash

I dont thing they will any award. [/B]
    yeaa ..i think that too
    new idea coming soon

Flash Addict
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Onionboy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks, I hope so.

why come to a forum and just post crap? if you're not going to express yourself it's just pointless, this is supposed to be a discussion forum, not a playground or a kindergarten, it's supposed to be a place designers of all levels can come and talk about design. I just want to keep it that way.

OK...OK...but why delete my post..all i said was it was anice graphic and it was well made!..dont be too big brotherish eh?

who is Christopher Lawrence?

Originally posted by subduck2
    One of the best DJS in the world.
    oh right, heh, shows my ignorance

I've paid over $40 several times just to see Cristopher Lawrence.
    So actually it's NOT A RIP OFF.

It was an amazing deal.
    with dj's like that you would expect the price to have been much more!

did anyone go?
    what other dj's and vj's did they have there?
    did they have any vj's playing or was the main graphical focus on the site all night?
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

Lady Pleaser Extrordinaire!
    hmm i still think v4 is worse than v3 v4 is almost like a red version of highend3d.com with really long loading times
    yarr ! one post at a time giong down to the ground!

One of the best DJS in the world.
    Depends on your tastes.

This site has been WAY overhyped, its just another average site now, looks like Eric Johnson ran out of talent 7/10 overall, nothing new or special at all.

Originally posted by leefrench
    OK...OK...but why delete my post..all i said was it was anice graphic and it was well made!..dont be too big brotherish eh?
    lol, I wasn't refering to you, no one can blame you for reacting to it.