A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2advanced.com

I dont think it's more like the Matrix Reloaded type. Maybe the interface/element's but the demo reel is a lot like the movie MINORITY REPORT. Almost everything in there is from that movie. Sad! The worst part is the that there are lots of element's in the interface which looks like clickables but are not really. WTF? And even on clicking some sections it takes ages to load. Makes me wanna think that I'm on a 56k Modem, no wait make that 28.8. I read about having a better machine or something to view this site. I'm running on a 1.6 and it lags like ****. Damn 100% cpu usage. If this site has got the wanting a better machine slogan then hell it sucks! But, the animation withing the interface is slick no doubt. Expected soemthign real good from 2advanced than having something like this currently. The version 3 would rocked if it had a lil 3d when compared to the current Version which is not ALL THAT GOOD.

Originally posted by Nionicle
    Do you even use your mod skills on this forum?
    Just wondering how you came to be mod.
    tony is a mod in the design and graphics forum, it's down there VV

2Advanced reveals “Prophecy” v.4, a destination that will arouse inner senses and emotions and awaken visitors to the possibilities for the future
    I still can't believe how many people are trying to take hype like this seriously, it is just hype, of course they don't think the site is going to turn anyone on!! For gawdsake it's hyperbole! 2advanced aren't the first to make statements like this on a product or website, it's been going on for years, look at wide group, billy bussey, and they're certainly not the last! If people here don't get that or don't understand, if you want to take those statements in any measure of literal sense fine, but all they are doing is trying to stimulate their potential clients, and they seem to know what they're doing in that field....

there is a marketing theory that honesty sells, there is also a marketing theory that hype sells, neither have any kind of exclusivity and to not be open to both approaches seems foolishly self-restricting. Personally I'm not a fan of too much hype but I'm also not taking it seriously.

aversion is right. I dont know how effective a company would be if they said "Well, yeah, were good but here is a list of sites that are just as good, and possibly cheaper. We are certainly not the best, but one of them might be"
    maybe.

Flash Addict

Thought i'd have another pop...

Element7 this is your first post since being a member...what were you waiting for man..(seems strange methinks- a few pages back i noticed some more first postings by differing individuals..hope its not some sorta planned thing)

Let this thread die...i know i could/should un-subcribe or just delete the email notifications..but my fingers end up taking over and i seem to click the link...DOH.

This ugly-bug site seems to have created a stir anyway, then i suppose it was always gonna!!!

Lee.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by Olli_Budworth
    That's fine, i'm glad you answered, albeit your responses verge on being a bit arrogant, but i'm gonna reply anyway.
    Please now, far from it. My answer only draws upon my experience and observations. Hype is what it is... Short for "hyperbole", defined as: A Gross Exagerration. Should this be "realistic" by definition? No, then you would have an oxymoron on your hands. If you prefer a different form of promotion, then wonderful. If your senses and emotions weren't aroused, oh well (which interestingly enough was the only recurring gripe in your recent reply - non-existant in your previous reply - and that was a Press Release for Neverrain!). But to answer your question: Yes, there were 1000's that were, and there were 1000's that weren't. I welcome you to come by and read some of the comments sometime - good and bad.

Where I take issue is when I see people beating down on any stream of marketing or business strategies, without really understanding or contemplating the "why's" behind it all. Call that arrogance? I call it experience. Not only am I familiar with the theories, but I have also had MANY opportunities to test them in my lifetime - Some paid off... some failed. Frankly, this one has been a HUGE success on many levels.

I find that a bit arrogant to be honest, translated you're basically saying that the only people you're targeting are ones you want business from, which from a business point of view, does make sense, but on the whole PR side, doesn't shine too highly in my opinon, I think websites should cater for everyone, looks good on you that way.

You seem very concerned with arrogance. Nevertheless, targeting a market is absolutely no more arrogant than using hype to promote a product or service. You really need to just accept that distinction.

If you want to believe that your website will give people a hard-on, then you believe that.

So are you going too far yet with your interpretation? "Arousing the Senses and Emotions" is a far cry from this last comment. Please note that the THIRD definition is sexual in nature:

a·rouse ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-rouz)
    v. a·roused, a·rous·ing, a·rous·es
    v. tr.
    1. To awaken from or as if from sleep.
    2. To stir up; excite: The odd sight aroused our curiosity. See Synonyms at provoke.
    3. To stimulate sexual desire in.
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by kidpablo
    2Advanced reveals “Prophecy” v.4, a destination that will arouse inner senses and emotions and awaken visitors to the possibilities for the future

Haha, that's poetry! I've been enlightened!
    Here's an interesting observation. Could it be argued by virtue of the 500+ responses and 17.5K views on this post, that inner senses and emtions have indeed been aroused (stired up)...? I'm not sure the statement is even hype anymore
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Here's an interesting observation. Could it be argued by virtue of the 500+ responses and 17.5K views on this post, that inner senses and emtions have indeed been aroused (stired up)...?
    hahaha...but most of those are by 2AD employees !!!!

Here's an interesting observation. Could it be argued by virtue of the 500+ responses and 17.5K views on this post, that inner senses and emtions have indeed been aroused (stired up)...? I'm not sure the statement is even hype anymore
    lol, actually a good point, hype works in mysterious ways...

aw snap. owned again.
    maybe.

My senses and emotions are also aroused when I take a crap, but so what.

Its all subjective.

of course it's subjective, that's why some people like it and others don't, is someone claiming it's not? I don't get your point unless you just wanted to post about your bathroom experiences which I doubt any one is remotely interested in.

Originally posted by aversion
    of course it's subjective, that's why some people like it and others don't, is someone claiming it's not? I don't get your point unless you just wanted to post about your bathroom experiences which I doubt any one is remotely interested in.
    Thats EXACTLY my point. If we're gonna get all philosophical here (please no!) then as strange as it may seem, there may be people who are really interested about my bathroom experiences, albeit a minority (but who knows - its a funny old world). In the same way that some people will like the 2a site, some wont, some couldn't care a monkeys about it, blah blah, etc etc. Its just a website.
    Last edited by kidpablo; 07-21-2003 at 12:41 PM.

I don't get your point unless you just wanted to post about your bathroom experiences which I doubt any one is remotely interested in.
    lmao!..but yea i get your point, and this is a very good disscusion so far.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

I am.

Please describe your feelings on losing your inner matter down a bowl.

-----------------------------------
    Chris Green
    BREADLEGS :: DESIGN AGENCY

The ver.4 splash is finally up, looks good.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

Originally posted by kony2003
    The ver.4 splash is finally up, looks good.
    sorry a few sentences and a gadient ball..

hehe i made a 2a avatar.

i screwed up the logo. sorry.
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Originally posted by kasracer
    The most important thing is validation, which none of your websites do.
    Only one problem... since nearly every site of theirs uses Flash and if you put in the resulting correct code for a Flash movie as designated, it will simply not validate, no matter how correct the other code is or what mark-up. This is not a 2A fault.

Sometimes, it is simply not possible for pure validation even though the designers code is perfect. If data is getting extracted from a server that has been written by an external company or has been set-up many years back, this data can be putting in extra bits of unwanted code ie hidden BOM or <p><p> or charset like £ or ". For it to be changed may likely be additional cost that the original company simply do not wish to spend.

as long as it works and does what it is supposed to who cares?
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

I really didn`t like the new splash