A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: 2advanced.com

Re: one more glance

Originally posted by Venio
    Just as a note, No-Tec's post does not include the exact term of "2a"

Originally posted by No-Tec
    You know at first when I saw 2advanced new site on the release date, i wasn't too impressed, prolly bc of over hype. but its been like 2 weeks or whatever since ive been, and im really impressed with it now. Really smooth animations, and their is a ton of info on the UI at once, but it all presents itself in a nice flowing manner. so. nice work and props to your team.

www.2advanced.com

merged threads, I appreciate your sentiment no tec but it doesn't warrant a new thread.

lmao!

if you guys were sat round a table youd be spitting bits of tissue through a macdonalds straw at each other lol.

great stuff.

but back to the non english spelling english speaking american stuff.

is it really spelt 'inorder' over there? surely it is 'in order'
    'inorder' cant be one word...
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

When was the last website 2a made for a client?

Their should be one coming up soon.

Big gulps huh?
    I have always been a fan of 2Advanced's work. They have never ceased to deliver a project that i thought was well executed or creatively designed. Although i did have a very high expectation for the latest version of 2Advanced and this page was certainly not what i was expecting, i still think its a nice iteration of the page. Its a big change from the last design but i still see the slick animation, well integrated audio sfx and loops, and imaginative design that has made 2Advanced what they are today.

Although i do understand the marketing and ideas behind the neverrain launch party and fight for the future back story, i must say that i thought the ninja with sword was just alittle overboard....the pods were cool though. In conclusion i say well done to the whole 2advanced team, keep delivering the cool work.
    Last edited by miyagiofflash; 08-07-2003 at 08:52 AM.

very nice site. hope one day i can make something better.

for cryin' out loud in a bucket!!
    is this here thread ever goin' to b closed?

hmmm..??

Originally posted by miyagiofflash
    must say that i thought the ninja with sword was just alittle overboard....the pods were cool though. .

Dude totally. I dont even know what that is. It looks good for what it is, but why is it their? I would have loved to be there during the photoshoot for that.
    maybe.

37 pages? doesn't anyone have it set to 40 posts per page... saves loading times...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

if it could b closed, the world would b a better
    place!!!

...for u 'n' for me 'n' the entire human race!

LOL
    this thread will never finish I think..
    http://www.vectormedia.com.br
    Multimedia Designer

whoa...that prophecy site is really good...

now for my opinion. . . it's great. True flash experts. I would like to see these guys fool around with Anark a little bit.

who actually reads all the way to page 38 by the way? I tried to do it, but quit at page 17. . . Anybody read it all that hasn't been keeping up with it since the start.

I prefer V3 hands down. Graphics, colour, layout, audio everything. It was always going to be tough to beat but I wouldn't put V4 in my top ten list. 3 would make it though.

The percentage who dont understand is higher than the percentage who do.

Let this post die, please!

"Go ahead punk, make my day..."
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Originally posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    Let this post die, please!

"Go ahead punk, make my day..."
    This post is invincible, unfortunately.
    Please pay a visit to Premium Flash, for great premium flash templates, loaders and buttons!

my thoughts

Ok, I know this has been probably beat to death (40 pages of posts, uh.....yeah). Here's my thoughts on 2A's newest, short and sweet.

1) Absolutely hate the buttons. Very cheap rollover anims. Not even close to the sophistication of the last site.

2) I miss the "transition" sounds. Everything is quiet (other than the BG music) as we see all the dazzling effects. I thought the sounds in the last site for the transitions added to the excitement. With the new site, their absence is REALLY noticable. At least to me.

3) I don't like the font used in this new version. Also, I liked the "all caps" thing they did in the prior version. Looked "industrial" and futuristic. In the new site, I think the regular type they are using cheapens the effect of the site.

Again, all of the above, added with a grain of salt. If I had half the talent they have, I'd be happy. The only problem they have created for themselves is that they have to "outdo" their biggest competition.....THEMSELVES. They've raised the bar so high (in my opinion) that they can't afford to miss of "half ass" even the most minor of details, because we're ALL gonna notice with our high powered, flash induced, microscopes of judgement! lol

Overall, other than the above items. The site is everything I would expect from 2A. Nicely done. Did I say this was going to be short and sweet??? Oh well, FlashKit and 2A do that to me I guess. I don't post nearly as much text in Photoshop groups!
    I aspire to be the flashiest flash that ever flashed a Flash!

There are more people who disagree with theyre new approach than people who actually likes this new style , BUT will 2A notice that ? NOPE !

Since this thread has already 40 pages of posts, which means theyre goal is complete.

Originally posted by Johnny Shiro
    There are more people who disagree with theyre new approach than people who actually likes this new style , BUT will 2A notice that ? NOPE !

Since this thread has already 40 pages of posts, which means theyre goal is complete.
    Where do you get that assumption from? all I see in this thread is people giving their opinions, all of which are valid of course, but it's still not a very representative sample, there are several people who have posted over and over again, did you wade through every page in this thread and count up the number of people for and against taking into account repetitions?

why not look at the poll thread? That's a representative sample of the opinions of 160 people on flashkit, you can only vote once and it's completely anonymous.

I've already expressed my disappointment in 2a's new approach but that doesn't mean I'm going to make assumptions that most people hate it! Even if most people here did disapprove of their redesign I don't see what they're supposed to do about it, who made you an arbiter of what they should do with their company image?

The only reason this thread reached 40 pages (apart from a brief validation interlude of a few pages) is because people sit here *****ing about the site or each other, which is why the poll is a much better meter of members' reactions.