A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2advanced.com

yes i know about Qtpro, however i dont think is a "web codec" thing (compression), maybe while rendering something happened, duno, but is weird.

They should have used squeeze3, just use a .swf and forget about players and codecs.

Originally posted by friendly jesus
    KASRACER

The lurking many, salute you.

returning member
    I just loaded it for the first time, and I must say I am wholly disappointed. The loading times were slow (even tho I am on a 1.4Ghz G4, running Safari, and yes I tried IE), the interface is not nearly as smooth as v3, and it just doesnt seem as seemless... Come on 2A! You can do better!

well for some reason after viewing all the links, they stoped working

Seriously now, this is just pittifull, extremley slow loading times, only 2 pages seem to work for me (load) and the red color absolutley sucks, the animation in various area's are better but still could be even better then what they are now from what I've seen, I give this new crapy V.4 a 6/10 for not enough effort and many different reasons, V.3 beats all!
    Dont drive faster then your gardian angel can fly.

SOPRANO
    Originally posted by idropped
    well for some reason after viewing all the links, they stoped working
    same here, is really strange, the speed of the server looks good, but some sections take too long to start the loader

the portfolio seccion needs a loader for the proyect thumbnail

I wish fantasy interface's new website would come out soon. That or propod.

Both will/would probably blow version 4 away.

Yeah, I got back on it today and it's not working now???? Hmm, some usability issues are now coming up.

I'll give it a week before it's fixed right.

Originally posted by villain2
    Yeah, I got back on it today and it's not working now???? Hmm, some usability issues are now coming up.

I'll give it a week before it's fixed right.
    I had the same issues. I think it's working now.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Originally posted by kasracer
    I wish fantasy interface's new website would come out soon. That or propod.

Both will/would probably blow version 4 away.
    agreed, on fi-revolution site
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

It always rains here!
    Something no-one's managed to mention yet..........

Has anyone seen http://www.dform1shiftfunc.net ?

Nice fat load time, but spaceships used throughout - very cyber punk feel - i'm not implying a rip at all, but am leaning towards inspiration? (That's 2A inspired by dform1 btw)

And yes, my fave agency are definitelly now FI.....

Roll on R E V O L U T I O N

Originally posted by Olli_Budworth
    Something no-one's managed to mention yet..........

Has anyone seen http://www.dform1shiftfunc.net ?

Nice fat load time, but spaceships used throughout - very cyber punk feel - i'm not implying a rip at all, but am leaning towards inspiration? (That's 2A inspired by dform1 btw)
    Dude. That's what I was thinking too when I first saw Prophecy!
    dform's one of my favorite sites. It's been online for quite
    a long time though.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

It always rains here!
    Originally posted by Veniogenesis
    Dude. That's what I was thinking too when I first saw Prophecy! It's been online for quite a long time though.
    Seriously, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw 2A V4 - but I didn't want this to turn into a threadabout rips etc, so I kept quiet, but it has to be said, the whole cyber punk space ship theme on the new 2A, if it's not inspired by dform's site, then it's a MASSIVE coincidence!

i really liked what TheOriginalFlashDavo said in the Coffee Lounge about 2A Ver.4 and its resolution, thought it should be shared here too

Originally posted by Grifter730
    I'm a big fan of people who force 1024 or larger to the visitors. It's the only way that monitors will soon ship with a minimum of 1024x768, which is a great size for me.

his reply...

Originally posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    Has nothing been learnt by those who rode the dot com boom and then bust? (or maybe you weren't one of them) You don't get anywhere forcing people to do what you want them too. You cater for their needs, not the other way around...

As I've said previously, all power to 2A if they can simply ignore such a large percentage of viewers, but it ain't something I'm going to do, nor is it something I'd advise any newbie to do. Consumers drive needs, not the other way around. That's economic reality, and has been proven time and time again for much longer than the web's been around.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

Originally posted by kony2003
    i really liked what TheOriginalFlashDavo said in the Coffee Lounge about 2A Ver.4 and its resolution, thought it should be shared here too

his reply...

[/b] [/B]
    if he is saying that 2A made this site the way it is due to econimic demand then he is talking rubish.
    but i may be reading that wrong :-/

my biggest gripe with the site isnt its unorigionality, or the hype as that was all town gossip... but the serious lack of details, roughness and basically an unrefinned site.

revolutionary with a back end driven site maybe, but thats no excuss to get sloppy... especially if you want to be regarded as the best.

now some people said they shouldnt care what people on here think, but what about this...
    im tired so this may be rubbish lol.

when micheal owen started scoring a whole bunch of goals he was know as the wonderkid, and everyone followed him like an idol... all in his england career as well.
    he started getting sloppy and up rose beckham, the new boy wonder... and now everyone follows him like an idol.

jeez... told ya i was tired :-/
    back to the actuall point im trying to make here...

if a company are producing groundbreaking stes, people soon catch on, and want to be a part of thier success... much like fashion, you all want the label.
    but if that company starts to get sloppy and is no longer classed as the best, the award winner, the innovator... people start to follow and use the new 'wonder company' the new number one.
    so to say peoiples comments should be ignored i think is a bad move.
    without a following like 2A has had i doubt they would have got the ammount of work they have now. speculation i know, but its just what i feel.

if they were not regarded as a great design company, and did not have the rputation amongst the people, then they would not be so highly regarded and would not get the clients they are seeking the association with 'the best' company.

sorry for rambling but im shattered... hopefully you understand what im trying to say here lol.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

U should read the hole thread.

Originally posted by phreakdevil
    U should read the hole thread.
    what whole thread?

most of my comment was just me rambling about my thoughts, not dirrecting anything at him... just the first bit
    like i said, my assumptions
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...

I like Davo's point though, if the product isnt accessible by the majority, than whats the point of making it in the first place? Its cutting out a huge portion of your audience, and therefore potential clientelle, just to satisfy the quams of a select few, which is what 2advanced has done. Personally I thought that the previous design had enough problems with scrolling. It was a site that could have easily fit entirely onto the screen if it had been sized properly, but still its sizing errors pale in comparison to the sizing nightmare that this site has become. Just to be able to view the site without having the scroll bars I have to change my screen resolution, which of course makes the text even more unreadable than it already is.

Originally posted by Onionboy
    what whole thread?

most of my comment was just me rambling about my thoughts, not dirrecting anything at him... just the first bit
    like i said, my assumptions
    Now u got me wrong, i know that only the first bit, i said that so u can understand why he said what was quoted, he mentions a few point before saying that, anyways is very interesting, thats why.

Originally posted by phreakdevil
    Now u got me wrong, i know that only the first bit, i said that so u can understand why he said what was quoted, he mentions a few point before saying that, anyways is very interesting, thats why.
    ok lol sorry, im far too tired. heh.

ill read the thread , but when i am less sleepy or i probably wont understand any of it.

and gloomy, i hear you on that one.
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...