A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2advanced.com

their will be more content definitely. i have a feeling its gonna be horizontal, different color scheme. they are going to take a different approach, as in they wont be soliciting their services as much. it will be more of a community based site, sort of like a portal, in some way or another. same effects, once a designer establishes their brand, they cant change it. They are gonna talk about colabortation, with alot of different other firms, its not gonna be all about 2A in other words. They are going to be "commenting on/incoroporating" all the new technologies/techniques out there. they will be focusing on the future of design and the future of the internet. the interface will be more beefy, as in they wont be relying on vectors as much. optimized for broadband.

just some predictions. dont take them too seriously.

one thing is for sure, tis going to be bad...ass.
    Last edited by Machina; 07-15-2003 at 09:27 PM.
    -MOD-

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by SSC Cosmic
    I think the interesting q for Tony is "Is it done yet, or are people feverishly debugging?".
    29 hours to go? We are just going to sit down and start comping the design in about another hour or two. Honestly, we could spend the next year making revisions with this crew. I'm sure they will keep doing stuff right down to the wire. It wouldn't be any fun, if you don't throw your occasional all-nighter with mass quantities of caffiene flowing through the system.
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by Machina
    their will be more content definitely. i have a feeling its gonna be horizontal, different color scheme. they are going to take a different approach, as in they wont be soliciting their services as much. it will be more of a community based site, sort of like a portal, in some way or another. same effects, once a designer establishes their brand, they cant change it. They are gonna talk about colabortation, with alot of different other firms, its not gonna be all about 2A in other words. They are going to be "commenting on/incoroporating" all the new technologies/techniques out there. they will be focusing on the future of design and the future of the internet. the interface will be more beefy, as in they wont be relying on vectors as much.

just some predictions.

one thing is for sure, tis going to be bad...ass.
    We are going to focus this version on 45 degree angles. BUT, they are going to face in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIRECTION.
    2Advanced Studios

Nice try Tony

Originally posted by tpnovak
    We are going to focus this version on 45 degree angles. BUT, they are going to face in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIRECTION.
    You might be able to fool your typical flashkit reader, but after hours of intense 'colabortating' I've determined that the next interface will be:

>e
    Behind House
    You are behind the white house. A path leads into the forest, to the east. In one corner of the house there is a small window which is slightly ajar.

>examine window
    The window is slightly ajar, but not enough to allow entry.

>open window
    With great effort, you open the window far enough to allow entry.

>enter
    Kitchen
    You are in the kitchen of the white house. A table seems to have been used recently for the preparation of food. A passage leads to the west and a dark staircase can be leading upward. A dark chimney leads down and to the east is a small window which is open.

Revolutionary concept, make a Zork interface in flash! The kids will never know what hit 'em

edit: Oh yeah, it will be in orange.

Nice 45 degree comment Novak, very thought provoking, but basically, i guess it just means that it's gonna be in your face.
    Last edited by myounis; 07-15-2003 at 11:38 PM.
    www.intellipage.com

I have a feeling that their approach to ver. 4, is one that will be hard to duplicate or "rip" by other designers...could be by advanced use of video effects, 3d or intense actionscripting. Since ver.3 there were so many rips, but i could be wrong.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

i just can't wait to see the new one
    my msn : meilind4@hotmail.com

I have a feeling that their approach to ver. 4, is one that will be hard to duplicate or "rip" by other designers...could be by advanced use of video effects, 3d or intense actionscripting. Since ver.3 there were so many rips, but i could be wrong.
    2advanced never cared about rippers, i dont see why they would start now.
    www.intellipage.com

Originally posted by tpnovak
    11:59 PM on Wednesday... While at Neverrain.
    keeping in mind that that is Pacific Standard Time, us Easterners have to wait until 2:59 AM on Thurs...

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    keeping in mind that that is Pacific Standard Time, us Easterners have to wait until 2:59 AM on Thurs...
    fak, i forgot about that
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by myounis
    2advanced never cared about rippers, i dont see why they would start now.
    Where'd you hear this? I talk with Shane (Pixelranger) often, and 2advanced comes down hard on rips, or at least it seems. Head on over to Ultrashock CopyCatz forum, and look at some 2A rips. See how long they stay online for? That's not due to 'designer enlightenment' my friend, it's due to pressure from the design community and 2A.

I dont see a countdown, where is it?

Originally posted by bvgroote
    I dont see a countdown, where is it?
    www.2advanced.com

still didnt work - had to ctrl + f5

Where'd you hear this? I talk with Shane (Pixelranger) often, and 2advanced comes down hard on rips, or at least it seems. Head on over to Ultrashock CopyCatz forum, and look at some 2A rips. See how long they stay online for? That's not due to 'designer enlightenment' my friend, it's due to pressure from the design community and 2A.
    no, i think thats due to people who have nothing better to do with their time. It has nothing to do with 2A. 2A is a business, i dont think that they flip out everytime they see ripped work. I talk to Shane alot too. and i think he would agree, in that 2A as a business is not out to hunt down these rippers and report them to the FBI. They are out to make money. Yes they may not like it, and yes Shane may post AS A MODERATOR at Ultrashock, but i doubt they put much energy into it.

dont get me wrong, im always happy to see work like that get pulled from the net.
    Last edited by myounis; 07-16-2003 at 01:18 AM.
    www.intellipage.com

no, i think thats due to people who have nothing better to do with their time. It has nothing to do with 2A. 2A is a business, i dont think that they flip out everytime they see ripped work. I talk to Shane alot too. and i think he would agree, in that 2A as a business is not out to hunt down these rippers and report them to the FBI. They are out to make money. Yes they may not like it, and yes Shane may post AS A MODERATOR at Ultrashock, but i doubt they put much energy into it.

dont get me wrong, im always happy to see work like that get pulled from the net.
    I don't think they need to put in a lot of energy, seeing as how they get hundreds of rips sent to them daily.

I just think that saying 2A doesn't care about rips is wrong. I think they monitor and look at all the copy cat sites they recieve, and act accordingly.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Do you believe there is no money in hunting down rippers? It's not an "FBI" related issue, but it is a civil issue. Very simple, $150K per willful infringement through summary judgement.

The truth is that it isn't a money maker, but it isn't a money loser either. Overall, we are pretty breakeven with this. But as a going concern, it is IMPERATIVE to police your marks. Failure to do so could result in voiding your trademark. Accordingly, as a business the policing of our marks is extremely important.
    2Advanced Studios

It's not an "FBI" related issue
    course', i was just being sarcastic.

i guess u have a point. i just didnt think that u guys put as much effort into it as alot of people say you do.
    www.intellipage.com

It's important enough to them to employ a full time legal guy to deal with intellectual copyright.
    Last edited by optical; 07-16-2003 at 04:08 AM.

Everybody iz waitin' for the new site startin'. -)