A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: can swift make a layout 3d - www.rexplex.com

can swift make a layout 3d - www.rexplex.com

I purchased swift3d v2 a good while ago and just haven't had the time to experiment. Can it make drawings/annimations like the one on http://www.rexplex.com/ If so, would anyone be interested in making a design based on a layout for me (if so I would need prices). We are in the process of remodeling our business and want to use this type of approach to show what the changes will look like. Or would a CAD system be better.

Are you talking about the 3D sports complex? If so, the answer is yes and you should feel free to email me at mrush AT rushvision.com in order to discuss it in more detail.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Re: can swift make a layout 3d - www.rexplex.com

Originally posted by cisc21
    Or would a CAD system be better.
    Do you have access to a CAD system? Will it be necessary to submit precision CAD drawings to an engineering firm in order to facilitate the remodeling? Will contractors provide these drawings for you? A CAD system by itself will not help you produce a 3D Flash animation.

If using a CAD system is a necessary part of the remodeling process, it may be possible to save you some work. I recently wrote a 3ds max plugin that creates solid geometry from DXF drawings (and overcomes some limitations of the existing MAX DXF importer). Your drafter can even encode cross-sections with special 'footprint' tags. My plugin will parse the footprint tag, associate the tag with the proper cross-section, then auto-extrude the cross-section by the appropriate amount. A complete 3D scene could be created directly from CAD information you might have anyway as part of the remodeling process. Flash production could be done directly in MAX.

I'm not trying to 'post over' RushVision or compete with him for your business. I am simply pointing out an alternative to take advantage of information that may be available as part of the remodeling process. If you do not need CAD drawings as part of this process, then Swift 3D should be able to do what you require.

If you want to explore this option, I would be happy to offer to do the 3D scene creation, then export the scene to .3DS format. RushVision could handle the material work, animation, and Flash production for you. If your project can be handled entirely with Swift3D, then I suggest you use Rush's services solo - he will do a fine job.

good luck!
    The MATRIX has you
    www.2112fx.com :: there is no spoon

No, no engineering is needed. It is for promotional purposes only for the web site. Something to show our users the changes being made and letting them click on a section of the image in order to see a description of the changes.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Sounds simple and straightforward -- just work with Rush and you will be in good hands.

good luck!
    The MATRIX has you
    www.2112fx.com :: there is no spoon