A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2advanced V.4 Premiere

Its impossible to load any of the content other than the home page anyway
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

And after the big countdown it's.... the same, only red.

I mean, great little animation for the intro - really like that - and really good sound FX, and it is a beautiful thing to look at, but I really was expecting something more than... the same.

Oh well, I suppose when you're on a good thing...
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

It is very very similar to the previous.

I think alot of the work is in the 'back end' (matron!).

Glad they've moved slightly away from charcoal grey/blue.

Much better.
    Peace, love and good happiness stuff.

My "Porphecy"

Well at the moment I am sitting in my wanna be futuristic pagoda, thats guarded by my personal ski masked wanna be kungfu, jedi Knights, and I am sensing the force around me...Deep down inside its telling me that the Ewoks have defeated the newly raised "task force" and are now going too be here any minute to remove 2Advanced from the cool sites forum.

Man I stayed up this late for that! Put the old site back!

The color scheme isn't the greatest, quick time movie is worst then Luke cruising through space in his X-wing(It really reminds me of something from the 70's), and whats up with the dumb ninja with a ski mask?! O and the 3d work for the most part is some of the lowest quality swift work I have ever seen.

Sorry for the negitism, but I expected alot more then this from 2A. :0

Best regards and no offence meant, just my opinion.

-BS

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

Re: Re: 2advanced V.4 Premiere

Originally posted by mikecoutermarsh
    Its just a website, get over it.....

-Mike
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that way...

Had a friend on MSN who was like

Him: Did you see it

Me:see what??

Him:2advanced.com of course

Me:Nop

Him: It's Woaaaaaaah, Awesome, magnificent,....etc

Me:What's the big deal people have about this site, it's just a site, there's better out there

Him:........

*I think he blocked me, for not cheering up *

Do anyone remember the south park episode when Cartman had his own Fun Park and said no addmittance to anyone???
    Last edited by el-Ignoramus; 07-17-2003 at 05:00 AM.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    I seriously cant understand the hype around the relaunch. I've seen personal portfolio sites more impressive than this. When they first appeared they were impressive - now their site seem run-of-the-mill.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

not being funny but.........

What happens to the 50% of the world that still use 800x600 as a screen resolution?

Can we really start to just swift them under the door mat? or does the site have an auto resolution detect ?
    Scott Wright
    Dreamshock Design Studios LTD
    www.dreamshock.com

Re: not being funny but.........

Originally posted by scooter41
    What happens to the 50% of the world that still use 800x600 as a screen resolution?
    They should upgrade Lets be honest here... I doubt many people on 800x600 will have an interest in high end design...

50% is a lot of people just to thumb your nose at without knowing for sure that 50% are not any potential customers. Fine, if 2A can afford to take that risk, more power to them, but it's not something I would have advised anyone or any company to do myself.

It really is almost as if they need a new and completely different type of designer in there to just sweep in some new ideas, to combine with all the stuff they do do so well - the motion graphics, the audio...etc - and then you almost feel sure that with the right sort of collaboration they could really come out with something great and truly unique.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Originally posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    50% is a lot of people just to thumb your nose at without knowing for sure that 50% are not any potential customers. Fine, if 2A can afford to take that risk, more power to them, but it's not something I would have advised anyone or any company to do myself.
    Where are these 50% figures?

Honestly, anyone still using 800x600 are living in the past. Most machines ship with atleast 1024x768 today. So you are just left with Grannies checking their email once a year on a 14,400 bps dial up and people that can't afford to upgrade; neither of which are going to be customers.

Just browsing through the site and saw this on the 'company' section:

"...every engagement on time and within budget, IRREGARDLESS...".

I've never heard this subtle blend of 2 words so I Merriam'd it.

Here's what they said:

"...originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century...The most frequently repeated remark about it is that 'there is no such word.' There is such a word, however...Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.".

Is it just me or are they pushing the boundaries of language as well as web design?

Top skills lads!
    Peace, love and good happiness stuff.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

Re: 2advanced V.4 Premiere

Originally posted by sghsghsfghsfghs
    I think this site is going to change the internet, or at least the way that people design websites.
    Hmmm.... nope.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

I miss the old site

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    Just looked at the site 2 mins ago. I have to say...don't quite know how to put this...I think its awful

I'm in no way whatsoever a 2A basher, i think their stuff is fantastic, love to have their obvious talent but I think this site is horrible, looks like it was slapped together very quickly, doesn't look half as slick as the old one.

Even some of the pixel fonts they've used aren't sharp, look at those scrollbars on the right.

Sure they'll tweak it, just think their old site and most of their work is far superior to this.

very very surprised.

Its overhyped
    now i can say this Whos we studios STILL RULE.
    Billy Bussy rules
    Now awaiting Daviesinteractive.com version 3.

what did you expect, yes it sucks, but 2advanced was not truely that good in the past anyway...

Except the intro effect, I don't see much difference.
    Do they give a whole show just for that thing ?
    Man, talking bout a waiste of money.
    They'd better invest it in something better
    Penguins in the dessert

_
    Look at it on 1024x768, its much better. When I went this morn I was on the other machine and its 1024x768, just took a look on the machine I design with (High res), looks like crap.

Its better then v3 at 1024x768... Alot of respect to them on the opening, getting something in swift to work like that on a design is very difficult.

Im impressed, like the reel. 2a future fighting ninja (heh).

-Mike

u fellas doin the screen grabs have pretty big screens.....i need to full screen my 1028x7something lcd to see it all without scroll
    ppl call me a noob, i usually agree