A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2advanced V.4 Premiere

Originally posted by sghsghsfghsfghs
    wow, i didnt know you could be a flash designer and Not know about 2A's site release.
    No? How about if you were too busy working and/or sleeping?
    (and yes, I have done both at the same time )

It's another design studio's site for Christ's sake. Good luck to them and all that, but it's certainly not something to sacrifice your own work/life time for...

What interests me more is the amount of comments on the site (of which, yes, I'm contributing to). When you consider that outside of a few Flash designers on the web, nobody knows or cares who the f*** 2A are (just as nobody knows who the f*** most of us are), it's actually quite funny.

I always thought the design "community" was so incestuous, hence why I would advise anyone to make sure they don't emerse themselves completely. Life is too full of so many other interesting things...

Anyway, good luck to the 2A boys. I'm sure they're keeping busy, whatever comments we pass on the site, so more power to them.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

How about that. The problem I pointed out about the Show Reel being called a Case Study has been changed to "Prophecy Demo Reel."

That navigation section until now was called Case Studies. The show reel description has been rewritten as well.

As always, this is possible proof that critiquing sites here can make a difference.

The site is slick, though. This is the first time I think it's worked fully, viewing portfolio and stuff. I think I do like the function of it better than the previous site. Pretty nice in that respect.

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

i also beleive they changed how the "Partners" names looked/showed up.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

i think it looks too different.

some parts looks to simple to be 2a and other parts look elite.

kinda gives me a wierd feeling
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Originally posted by sghsghsfghsfghs
    wow, i didnt know you could be a flash designer and Not know about 2A's site release.
    most people have lives.

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    most people have lives.
    MOST...
    * I could be banned at any time... [/evp]

Originally posted by kony2003
    i also beleive they changed how the "Partners" names looked/showed up.
    Yay for me! Do you think they are watching this thread?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Still having a look through. It's nice to see more client projects than there were before. They've done some really good stuff as always.
    The thing I've always been impressed with about 2A is how fast and smooth the animations are. There's always been this feeling that the intros, sites etc, had something unique in that aspect-they don't hang up and don't bog down the computer too often.
    Pittsburg Penguins site is really nice.
    And I wonder how painful it was for 2A to do that Josh Todd site with the barbed wire and metal/stone looking texture. haha
    Who is Josh Todd anyways? Glad I only listen to NPR.

I guess a cool point of the site is that it's going to continue to impress people, especially people new to Flash. The Vir2l site back in maybe 1999 or 2000 would be the equivilent for me as to what 2A and this version could be to people who have not seen much cool Flash stuff before.
    All of a sudden you've found a site like this, and all you want to do is learn to do the same. It's always achieved this with people, so you can't bash it in that regard.

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

If Tony gets to read this...

I would like to know if Eric designed the site himeself, someone else on the 2a team, or was it a collaboration within 2a? well i really dont think eric had a huge part in this project for some reason.

and was i right about Andru Pheonix taking part in some of this as well? like the intro animation, transisiton animation..etc..

thanks again.
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.

yeah if you look at the taig khris site and the 2a site you can tell similarities right off
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Originally posted by mg33
    How about that. The problem I pointed out about the Show Reel being called a Case Study has been changed to "Prophecy Demo Reel."

That navigation section until now was called Case Studies. The show reel description has been rewritten as well.
    The animation and subsequent halo around EJ's head as pointed out at the start of this thread, I think has gone or changed.

I Like the site.. but I don't know about the nijas and stuff.. reminds me of the Jap animation stuff.. and i see no clear need for it all over the site.. but the site is smooth, everything plays out well.. colors go good.. not hard to navigate... I don't know much about the backend stuff but it all looks good.

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    most people have lives.
    that's an interesting comment after seeing that you have nearly 4000 posts and I have only 40. if i spent as much time in this forum as you i sure wouldnt have one LOL

guess I have no life whatsoever by that sentiment, Mr. "I joined in January 2003", eh?

how about keeping the flames off the board.

mmkay?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

question authority
    LOL gerbick, you do have like 500 million posts!

Originally posted by monkii
    LOL gerbick, you do have like 500 million posts!
    and no life... can't forget that

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    A) I'm not some cocky arroagant dude. I'm just an average guy, with average skills, but who works hard and is lucky enough to work with some talented people. So please when you say "Those guys are sooo arrogant" think before you write that next time. Sure I voice my opinions but I like to consider myself pretty down to earth.

B) No the video is not a case study. It was going to be a case study but we didn't get it written in time for launch. Sorry we were busy planning a fun party for the community and also have a ton of client work that kept us busy. Therefore I changed the text now to reflect what it is..but it will again be considered a "Case Study" once the content is written. Until then...its a Demo Reel.

C) The text in the company section started crisp. The movie clip got accidentally moved a few hours later. The movie clip was moved back into perfect position and fixed. Sorry for the mistake. Everyone's done that before right?

D) 1024x768. Well I've been either a professional designer, HTML ***** or lackey in this undustry for about 7-8 years now. Even back in the day... I do not think I have ever seen one CEO, CF0, or important player of a company run a resolution at 800x600 since about 1997. Those 50% statistics are coming from some place that gives free stats to people on Geocities and things. I can get you the stats monday on what percentages visit 2A and let you know.

As far as FK being the influence for some of those changes. Sorry mg33 but you are wrong. It think this honestly is about my first trip in to the Coffee Lounge to even read anything here. Please try to not be so Arrogant as to think you have the power to change a site. (snickers)
    Last edited by pixelranger; 07-19-2003 at 10:21 PM.

Nice one Shane.

I was waiting for this site to be launched for aaages. All year really. I even set the countdown timer as my active desktop item, and woke up early after 4 hours of sleep (8am here in the UK - I normally surface at the crack of 12:00 ;-) ).

At 00:00:00 I got a 'page cannot be displayed' - had a good titter at that, but well impressed with the design when the traffic spike eased a little. Very exciting. Like Christmas really.

It seems alot of people are getting a bit confused as to the mechanics of the site versus the visuals. Do you think you could pen a little post to explain how the booty (back end) works?

D.
    Peace, love and good happiness stuff.

question authority
    typical arrogange from mg33 - LOL!

Good work Pixelranger on the site and to the others who worked on it. The site is now released and im sure will be copied in many ways or attemted in the future and probly from those who dis it the most.