A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Attach object question

Attach object question

Hi guys, I just wanted to get some information abou the attach movie feature in flash mx, and in particular the "export in the first frame" option.
    I've created a small movie just for testin pourpose, and I don't want the attached movie to be loaded in the first keyframe, so I unceck the option but at this point the "attach" thing doesn't work!
    Why is that??
    Is there any movie and/or tutorial that explains the thing??

T.i.a
    Giano

When you "attach movie" what you are doing is never actually putting the movie on the stage during creation, but forcing it to appear dynamically, (ie from your actionscript)
    However, if an object is not put on the stage, but only appears dynamically, Flash doesn't recognize this fact, so doen't export it when you publish
    (in the same way that items in your library, if not used, do not add top the file size)
    The way round this is to tell Flash to "export in first frame"
    This means it is loaded (but no visible) right at the beginning of the movie, and is therefore available to be called dynamically later.
    Hope this helps explain it
    JennyJ

If you don't want to use the export in first frame option you need to make sure that a copy of the movie clip is physically dragged from the library and placed on the stage in a frame before you use attachMovie to try to make copies of the clips. The clip can be placed off the edge of the stage if you don't want it to be visible.

Got it, thanx a lot catbert303

Giano