A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Writing Job Descriptions

Writing Job Descriptions

I found a site a few days ago with detailed job descriptions of such titles as webmaster and other IT positions. However, I have misplaced that link and now I am searching for any job descriptions and I am coming up with trash.

Does anyone know of a good place to find job descriptions, which are not for a specific corporation or organization?

Civilian
    RXGX, I've moved this to the boardroom. I think your chances of finding what your looking for are better here.

Señor member
    don't know of any sites offering just generic descriptions without being specific jobs for named companies but perhaps something like www.jobserve.co.uk would be of help. It's got many jobs like webmaster etc so perhaps you could get an idea of the qualifications/descriptions from there?
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

That's my problem. I can only find job descriptions of want ads, not a detail of what exactly a webmaster SHOULD do or be doing.

Señor member
    Originally posted by RXGX
    That's my problem. I can only find job descriptions of want ads, not a detail of what exactly a webmaster SHOULD do or be doing.
    The role is a vague one though so you're unlikely to find a common and generic description of the webmaster role.

I don't where else to suggest other than looking through google if you've not already done so.

The role of a webmaster on a smaller site might involve everything to do with the site, hosting, security, promotion, updates, design etc.

A larger site or corporate network might require server skills, network administration, design, updates, legal aspects, all sorts really.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Thanks for your help.
    I'll just have to pick apart the various job postings.

You can try

Salary.com

It has salary information and various descriptions for a pretty wide range of jobs. You can also see how much the average pay level is for a specific zip code in the U.S. (I'm not sure if it covers non U.S. salary levels)

Barry
    SwishReality

www.swishreality.com
    Templates for Swish 2.0

http://www.salary.com/salary/layoutscripts/sall_display.asp

Awesome, that's it.
    You search for location and job category and then you can choose a job title for a description or a report.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images