A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: charge for CD prsentation

Hybrid View

charge for CD prsentation

OK, this has come thru a personal contact . Need to build a corporate CD presentation for a manufacturer with local as well international business . presentation involves a 4-6 minutes of walkthrough - no interactivity , but with voice naration of the contents of the presentation , about the copmany profiles , its work etc.
    presentation is not for a small company , and quality has to be good ( which is of course upon us )

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    we charge 35 euros an hour for this type of work.

but our costs a pretty low here.

calculate an hourly rate and apply it.

ps, the size of the company is irrelevant. just because they are big, does not mean you can apply a higher hourly rate.

agree to some extent . but bigger company usualy means more details involved . Smaller companies do not care whom/what we use for doing voice overs for the presentation . it can be my sister , for all they care . Not the case for big companies .
    Also bigger companies means probably shooting for photos or videos to be incorporated for the presentation. smaller companies usualy try to make it with old pics from some fair they attended or the inaugaration ceremony of the plant

are you asking a question about something?

or are you just telling us about your project???

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I think tublu is very proud of his new client and you should leave him alone.

For me, there ain't much difference between making a CD and doing a site. I can set up almost identical content on either format, so if you can do the same, keep your standard rates, adding some for the extra talent you need to complete the project (sexy voice over chick, professional burning of CDs with nice painted faces and inserts, etc).
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

come on guys , read the Topic and what I wrote , stop giving me a hard time . All i asked was since I am not into CD presentations much , i wanted to know what People who do such things charge their clients .

i really wasn't trying to be a hardass at all tublu, i really didn't know if you were talking about price or you wanted price recommendations. it wasn't till you said "i wanted to know what People who do such things charge their clients" did i finally know what you were talking about.

i dunno maybe i'm dense. as for hurricane, well, just look at him.

Originally posted by erova
    i dunno maybe i'm dense. as for hurricane, well, just look at him.
    I think you need to review your tactics for new member enrollment at 'Erova's It Don't Git No Lower Club'.

niiiiice. bout time dammit.

jus holla fo two dolla...

but seriously, i'm just tryin to make a dolla outta fiteen cent

whazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup.

(Notice how I classed it up by putting a full stop - or 'period', for our American friends - at the end).

Originally posted by tublu
    come on guys , read the Topic and what I wrote , stop giving me a hard time . All i asked was since I am not into CD presentations much , i wanted to know what People who do such things charge their clients .

you can go from a range of 400 to 14000 USD.

It also depends on the price ranges where you're at....try contacting a local agency and ask for a quotation for that kind of project.....i mean here in ecuador that kind of job kind be done for about 500USD, which i consider cheap, and most people here would make a bad job.

Personally i would think about this: what technologies am i using? only flash? director? 3d? xml for database stuff, etc....

the more complicated your project is, the more you can charge. Also remember, big companies can pay!

Now, personally (that is, thinkin in what people charge here in ecuador) i would say:

basically start with 3000...then add a few bucks for each feature they want added...3d....a nice sexy voice, etc......
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

thanx for giving a proper reply at last , argonauta
    I am having a meeting with a local company today . They seem to have experience handling similar projects of corporates in the past . Will post whatebver comes out of that , thanx

Hey tublu, I gave a reasonable answer, way back up the thread - I guess my message was lost in the white noise the seems to follow erova around where ever he goes.