A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: roll

roll

i got a problem with the rollOver and rollOut ... just take a look in the fla file
    Attached Files Attached Files

i am confused - what is the problem?

RH

After i click on it and then RollOut .. the text will no longer be there .. i tot of using scenes but i do have photos in one section so if i were to rollOut it will go back to the first pic .. how do i retain the last pic or text tat the user saw ...

I am not trying to make you more frustrated here, but the method you are using is not the way to go with this. It seems like you want some sort of picture viewer thing, and doing it this way (using goto commands) will drive you (and anyone who helps you here at FK) batty.

First off, you need to map out what you are trying to do.

Second, figure out the plan to make it happen.

From your fla file, it seems as if your grasp on Actionscript is a little newb-level - again...NOT TO WORRY!

For rollover actions, if you are going to use buttons, it's always better to use the rollover frame within the button itself, rather than a on(RollOver) goto etc. command. if you continue to jump around the main timeline like that, you will not be able to have multiple things happen at once (e.g. image showing and rollover text showing)

Let me know what your goal is here, and I may be able to point you in the right direction of another fla file on FK already which you can de-construct, and figure out the way to adapt it to your liking.

RH

hehe getting more blur .. about the plan will it be better if i show it in diagrams ?? actually i think my plan is simple just tat maybe i making it complicated .. for most of the buttons it will just display a text .. tat's all ... i worry about the pic thing .. for the pic thing i intended to put a next n previous button later so user can view it one by one ..

about the "use the rollover frame within the button itself, rather than a on(RollOver) goto etc. command" do u mean typing the codes into the timeline frames instead on the button ??

sorry i nv go into autoscripting much ... thanks

If you just need a text display for the rollover and rollout, then make a dynamic text box with the variable "display" and use this code on your "buttons"
    code:

on (rollOver) {
    _root.display = "This is the display for the blue";
    }
    on (rollOut) {
    _root.display = "";
    }

and change the code to read for the red button on the other one? This way, you are not jumping around the timeline.

RH

thanks a lot .. ur way is much easier ... think i will try out the pic section ... thanks again

hi ... the text which i enter inside the

_root.display = "This is the display for the blue";

appears veri big even when i put the font size to 8 ... is that the smallest it can go ?? sorry to trouble u .. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Even though you have the font size set to 8, dont change the size of the box with the INFO properties. If you need to lengthen the size of the Dynamic text box, use the mouse. to create the dynamic text box, click on the main stage, choose dynamic, then choose your font size...you will see the height of the box increase accordingly.

RH

oohhh .. so i can adjust the width with the scale but not with the height .. thanks .. i learn something new today ... hehe !!

just wanna ask for the dymanic text .. watever happens outside will not affect the text inside it .. just like the code which u gave me .. can i do tat the same for the pics ?? let's say i'm viewing the pics and i'm at the second pic then i went to rollOver anyone of the buttons but the pic still there ...

???

sorry .. wat i meant was tat whatever text is display inside of the dynamic textbox will not be affected by its outside envoiroment ... am i rite ?? so i'm just wondering if tat's rite can i do the same for the pics ??