A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with loadMovie

Liquified

Help with loadMovie

I've been trying to get a button in one movie to load another movie into a target container clip on in another movie. I can't seem to get this to work.

Movie 1 is the root
    Movie 2 is loaded into the root movie when its section is called via a button
    Movie 3 is also loaded into the root movie when the same section is called via the button
    Movie 2 is the main area and is supposed to load infomation clips into Movie 3 when a button is clicked
    Movie 3 has a container clip for the information movie to load into

Here's the script I am using to try and get a movie to load into movie 3' container when movie 2's button is pressed:

on (release) {
    movie3.container.gotoAndStop(2);
    loadMovie("movieForContainer.swf", "movie3.container");
    }

And the container clip has 2 layers: one has two frames each with a (stop) in them
    the other has a blank first frame and the container box in the second frame

Is "_root." or "_global." supposed to be placed in front of "movie3"? If it is it's not working. Nothing is working.

If anyone can help me, please do. I can send you the files if you'd like.

Thanks

Eric
    "Life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook...Just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock, and characters an amateur would never dream up."

FK Newb Beater
    can you give us a sample project? Have you tried myMovieClip.swapDepths(99); to bring it to the top?
    Just because you changed the code, doesn't mean it's yours

Most Recent Work:
    Commercial tanning beds website

Liquified
    can you give us a sample project? Have you tried myMovieClip.swapDepths(99); to bring it to the top?
    I should add that all movies are loaded with target rather than layers. I am very new to ActionScript, I'm not sure what swapDepths(99) is.

I can send someone a zip of the files if I can get an e-mail address.

Eric
    Last edited by eblack4012; 07-22-2003 at 09:15 AM.
    "Life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook...Just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock, and characters an amateur would never dream up."