I am a college student with a design firm that was started in high school about 4 years ago. We did real good business while in town, but have been trying to wind down projects so we will not have anything "active" when we return to school at the end of august. We continue to get contacted for projects and have accepted as well as turned away a few this summer. We are set up to be done with everything by the beginning of august.

However, today we got contacted for a project I would hate to turn down. A fairly big website as far as content is concerned, but nothing on the back end. Piece of cake for the money. However, I would like it to be started and completed from around August 5 to the 15th.

Would you reccomend trying to work on this tight of a deadline? I could tell them now to put all content together over the next 2 weeks and we will do some marathon sessions to get it done. I know we could get the work done in that time, it's just I dont know (as well as all of you know) whether or not the client will be on the ball enough. The contract will obviously have to contain some strict guidelines and penalties (would that work?) to get it done.

Would it be kosher to respond to the potential client with these conditions? or should we gracefully decline? your thoughts....