A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please look

Please look

Hi all,

I'm updating our web site and I'd like to know what you all think.
    I've tested it with IE5/6, Netscape7.1 and Opera7 and it works fine but if any of you use anything else it would be great if you could look at it for me.

Please note that it’s no where near finished as I'm still waiting for information and I've not cleaned any of the code up yet, but the basics are there.

Milton Keynes & District Junior 7's Web site

Cheers

Mark

ps. Please be nice, I do this as a volunteer, and I'm not a web designer by trade

If your just reading this for the first time you need to read the whole thread!!! For the user name and password. Thanks
    Last edited by Sir Sixx; 07-30-2003 at 08:52 AM.

I didn't like the blue background.

Thanks Tommy
    Q. Background.... because its too plain or just because its blue?

I know there is nothing ground breaking here but could I have some comments please.

Well, first of all, I didn't like the background because of its plain/simple effect it producez. On the whole, the site lookz too simple. So not to my taste, sorry.

Re: Please look

Originally posted by Sir Sixx
    Hi all,

I'm updating our web site and I'd like to know what you all think.
    I've tested it with IE5/6, Netscape7.1 and Opera7 and it works fine but if any of you use anything else it would be great if you could look at it for me.

Please note that it’s no where near finished as I'm still waiting for information and I've not cleaned any of the code up yet, but the basics are there.

Milton Keynes & District Junior 7's Web site

Cheers

Mark

ps. Please be nice, I do this as a volunteer, and I'm not a web designer by trade
    It works in everything, and it looks equally bad.
    You don't need any information to get the colors right. At least you could match the blue in the background with the one in the banner... or make it the the same color but increase the black to darken it....or reduce black to lighten...

"Be nice"??

You are joking right?
    You want NICE? or HONEST.
    They got what they paid for.
    I'm sorry, I have to go vomit now.

Re: Re: Please look

Originally posted by ghost_flash
    It works in everything, and it looks equally bad.
    You don't need any information to get the colors right. At least you could match the blue in the background with the one in the banner... or make it the the same color but increase the black to darken it....or reduce black to lighten...

"Be nice"??

You are joking right?
    You want NICE? or HONEST.
    They got what they paid for.
    I'm sorry, I have to go vomit now.
    Well have I upset you at some point?
    Your right the banner blue is a different colour to the background, it's meant to be, I wanted the banner to stand out, obviously it did not work the way I had hoped. To be honest I really wasn't sure about the background myself, it felt like it was missing something but I wasn’t sure what (in fact I’m still not), and that's why I asked what people thought.
    Now, I can take constructive criticism. Tommy was HONEST but not RUDE and I will be following his advice. You however, were not just unkind you were offensive.
    It would be easy to say that your just a ‘load mouth yank’ but most of the Americans I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to, have been very nice and polite, I dare say that as per usual it’s a minority that give the majority a bad name so I won’t go that route. I would however, go the route of suggesting that - If you don’t have anything constructive to say – don’t say anything!
    I will conclude my reply by admitting that you are entitled to ‘your’ opinion however, I don’t want to hear your opinion, please don’t post replies to any of my posts in the future, I can do without your brand of HONESTY, thanks but no thanks.

Oh by the way I hope you didn’t choke when you vomited!!

Re: Re: Re: Please look

Well have I upset you at some point?
    Your right the banner blue is a different colour to the background, it's meant to be, I wanted the banner to stand out, obviously it did not work the way I had hoped. To be honest I really wasn't sure about the background myself, it felt like it was missing something but I wasn’t sure what (in fact I’m still not), and that's why I asked what people thought.
    Now, I can take constructive criticism. Tommy was HONEST but not RUDE and I will be following his advice. You however, were not just unkind you were offensive.
    It would be easy to say that your just a ‘load mouth yank’ but most of the Americans I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to, have been very nice and polite, I dare say that as per usual it’s a minority that give the majority a bad name so I won’t go that route. I would however, go the route of suggesting that - If you don’t have anything constructive to say – don’t say anything!
    I will conclude my reply by admitting that you are entitled to ‘your’ opinion however, I don’t want to hear your opinion, please don’t post replies to any of my posts in the future, I can do without your brand of HONESTY, thanks but no thanks.

Oh by the way I hope you didn’t choke when you vomited!!
    No, didn't vomit, I was able to turn off the monitor in time to avoid said vomit.

Sorry you don't want me to ever post reponses in the future, and will only be too happy to comply.

Some people just cannot handle it.
    It's understandable.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please look

Originally posted by ghost_flash
    No, didn't vomit, I was able to turn off the monitor in time to avoid said vomit.

Sorry you don't want me to ever post reponses in the future, and will only be too happy to comply.

It's understandable.
    How old are you? 13 / 14?

It's understandable.
    My god. Grow up.

Oh by the way 'Sorry' - meaning your ‘sad, unhappy, woeful’ that I don't want you to post responses, then 'Only too Happy'? Make your mind up! (You are a teenager aren't you !?!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please look

How old are you? 13 / 14?

My god. Grow up.

Oh by the way 'Sorry' - meaning your ‘sad, unhappy, woeful’ that I don't want you to post responses, then 'Only too Happy'? Make your mind up! (You are a teenager aren't you !?!)

1. Sarcasm
    2. Grown-up
    3. Honest
    4. Will comply with your request

Lets End This?

Ghost_Flash,

This has kind of escalated into a childish argument don’t you think?
    I feel that you were rude unnecessarily unless I have upset you at some point?
    I took the time to read some of your other posts and you seem to be an honest kind of guy and I could not see any kind of comments like that anywhere else. I even checked out your site….. which I recognised because I’ve been there before in site check and I really liked the laptop (didn’t say anything because someone had already said it and it just looks silly repeating others comments)
    What annoys me is that you could have been helpful because looking at your work you’re a talented guy but you had to hit me below the belt.
    If you had said ‘the site is plain and dull, you need to fancy it up and do something with it’ I would have been fine but your remarks were just hurtful, I hope that you can see that.

I hope we can be more amicable when we cross paths in the future.

Mark

Re: Lets End This?

Ghost_Flash,

This has kind of escalated into a childish argument don’t you think?
    I feel that you were rude unnecessarily unless I have upset you at some point?
    I took the time to read some of your other posts and you seem to be an honest kind of guy and I could not see any kind of comments like that anywhere else. I even checked out your site….. which I recognised because I’ve been there before in site check and I really liked the laptop (didn’t say anything because someone had already said it and it just looks silly repeating others comments)
    What annoys me is that you could have been helpful because looking at your work you’re a talented guy but you had to hit me below the belt.
    If you had said ‘the site is plain and dull, you need to fancy it up and do something with it’ I would have been fine but your remarks were just hurtful, I hope that you can see that.

I hope we can be more amicable when we cross paths in the future.

Mark
    You are correct.
    I'm being a b 'eye' itch lately and after reading my post have concluded you do not deserve my comments as written.

I will endeavor to be more polite in the future, and please accept my apology for hurting your feelings.

Please do notify me when you make changes to the site and I will be certain to restrict my comments to constructive criticism.

Regards,
    Mark

When I tried to view your site I got a script box asking for a username and password and couldn't get in.

Big Goof

eh?

Hmmmm....wasn't able to access the site at all. Not authorized.
    Crazy Bat Designs.

Yes, I got a box asking for password for some reason. It claims to be a restricted area. I dont know how that has happened.

Sorry

Sorry Guys,

I've been playing around with the web site features.

User : Tester
    Password: Tester

Sorry

All the links seem to work fine. If you are going to continue working on the site in future, perhaps you should think about using a colour scheme of about three colours that will complement each other instead of using all blues. A site like the following does this fairly well:

http://www.talkthetalk.info/intro.asp

As you can see, it uses orange, greys and white. The colours work well together. As you say, you are not a pro web designer, but this might give you something to work on in the future.

All the best.

Mal.
    Leeds

Yeah I see what you mean. I'll have a think.

Thanks

I attached a file on how to use different colourz matchin' each other.
    Hope it'll help you, Sir Sixx. If you have any other questionz, don't hesitate to post them. I'll try to do what I can/know. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just remembered there is something called harmonia in fireworks which is an add on for fireworks and helps with colour schemes. It can be downloaded from the macromedia site I think

New Colours

Hi,

Well I've had a play. This is no where near finished but it gives an idea for colour. I am going to make the main buttons a lighter blue (#006d93) and the sub header buttons the same clour as the background.

What do you think?

Cheers

new colours