dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why don't my text boxes show up in MC???

Why don't my text boxes show up in MC???

Hey, on my site, in the feedback page, I have made a little scroll thing that scrolls down the movie clip (that contains my input fields). When I publish the movie, I can't see or click on the input text fields (and I have checked that the 'outline text box' is pressed). It is at asi.says.it (online referral/online) and I haven't found a solution!! Anything hint or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance
    Greg Overholt

are you using static text or dynamic text?

it would be better if you pst the fla so people can check it
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Hey, they are INPUT text boxes, so they can input their information into the feedback form. if you visit the site, you will see what's the deal.. I would post the file but with copywrite issues i'm not allowed.

Pls pls need help.
    Greg

ALright.. I know what's creating this problem.. I just need now a solution..

The input text boxes aren't showing up because of the MASK. THe mask is there so that the scrolling MC doesn't go onto other areas of the page. I made the mask a plain whitebox (shape). when i deleted the inside box, the masked MC didn't show (typical), I tried making the white box a graphic and alpha it to 0. nothing.. I REALLY NEED HELP HERE!!!

GREG

yo, flash guru's.. I don't know if you don't care, or don't choose to care because i'm not offering money, but I can't believe that in such a great community as this, noone can come up with an answer to this little problem. I really need this fixed and having seen problems ten times the scale of this fixed within hours of the problem, I don't see how it's been days and I have gotten one little response.. so pls, could I just have a minute of your valuable time and see if you can muster up a solution.. THANKS A BUNCH IN ADVANCE..

Greg

[]D[][]V[][]D

Dont delete the mask!

Greg-

1) Your original mask was too small to show the text fields under it.
    Deleting the mask only makes everything under it invisible.
    (You can see "through" the image in the mask layer -
    *no image = no window to see through)

2) Trying to us a bitmap to mask with WILL NOT work.
    (Flash doesnt work like photoshop)

3) *You must use a RAW vector shape to mask
    - Menu : Modify/Break Apart
    (*NO groups *NO symbols *NO bitmaps - )

4) RTFM.

5) ..and you really should include a test link if you expect help from the community.
    -And I wouldnt go hire a copywrite layer just yet - If you are asking these kinds of questions in here, I would guess that you arent going to breaking any new ground anytime soon. Share your experiences man, everyone benefits.

[no offense - I truely mean that constructively]

Good luck.

Banned
    Embed the font used... As simple as that!