A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddam's sons confirmed dead!

FK's Helper Monkey!

Saddam's sons confirmed dead!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,92591,00.html

Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez of U.S. Central Command (search) announced late Tuesday night in Baghdad that Odai and Qusai were two of the four people who died in a firefight between U.S. troops and Iraqis at the house earlier in the day.

Heard this a few hours ago on the BBC. Good news for the coalition and the majority of Iraqis.

Hopefully the geurilla war that is being waged against coalition forces will now start to disintegrate.

just points to that Saddam may still be alive, to me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

CIA validated the authenticity of the first saddam tape, I'm pretty sure he's alive.

from what I've read of this the bodies are burnt beyond recognition and it will take up to a week to check DNA samples. The confidence of the statements is based on numerous source reports that the men were in that building, plus one of the bodies is a boy, uday was said to be with his 15 year old son.

so I don't think they can be 100% just yet, but it sounds like they have killed them. it will be interesting to see whether this demoralises those attacking the coalition forces in iraq now or serves to spur them on. many of the fighters still there called 'saddam loyalists' are said to be foreign fighters more interested in trying to remove the western forces from the middle east than returning saddam to power.

I doubt it'd demoralize them. Most likely invigorate the resistance and resentment.

I agree, some of the news sources have been talking about the resistance being 'scattered' by the news or something, but I doubt this will do anything but stiffen the resolve, I don't think these guerillas are saddam loyalists as much as they are anti-infidels.

i have to side with aversion. though it may agrevate them to resist the coalition forces more, the primary reason for most of them still fighting is their belief that the hussein regime will come back into power, and now that the number two and three men in the regime (as well as being the heir to saddam's position) are gone that takes away much from the resisting tribes.

dont go trading sides on me now infidel aversion!

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    I don't think these guerillas are saddam loyalists as much as they are anti-infidels.
    I think of the irishmen in braveheart

"if i fight with you do I get to kill english?"
    "yes"
    "well, alright then"
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I agree, some of the news sources have been talking about the resistance being 'scattered' by the news or something, but I doubt this will do anything but stiffen the resolve, I don't think these guerillas are saddam loyalists as much as they are anti-infidels.
    bingo. I agree 100%.

I read they were burnt, but not beyond recongition.. and that it was confirmed by pictures shown to numerous sources, one of them being that General they captured last month that was Saddams Secretary... they seemed to have taking the time to be sure.

I guess the US is pretty confident about it, they said they're paying out the $30 million reward ($15m each son) to someone.

I guess the US is pretty confident about it, they said they're paying out the $30 million reward ($15m each son) to someone.
    wonder how much u get for a Saddam look alike.. 25 million each would be nice.

And that goes for anybody (i mean the military ppl) or only civilians?

I should imagine the reward is not available to military personel

I'd say that taking some attention away from Bush's lies is worth $30 mil, no matter who they had to kill.

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    Originally posted by CNO
    I'd say that taking some attention away from Bush's lies is worth $30 mil, no matter who they had to kill.
    how much for clintons?

Its more than likely that Sadaam is alive and most will not believe his is dead (urban legend) until he is proven otherwise. I think Sadaam is funding some of these attacks with his reported cash stock of american and denars (denars right?). Im sure some are loyalists and some are anti-infidels. I think this capture will definitly cause some of these high ranking Sadaam loyalist to start panicing and it could work for the coalition... im optimistic... its a good thing these tourturous murders are dead!

Originally posted by CNO
    pfftt it's a 2 day story at most.. seeing that the Democrats don't have anything else on Bush.. they are going to run it into the ground.

Originally posted by Hellsbellboy
    pfftt it's a 2 day story at most.. seeing that the Democrats don't have anything else on Bush.. they going to run it to the ground.
    woah... your the first conservative i have met at FK thats got the b@lls ta say it!

Agree 100% - Bush brings more integrity into the office than we have seen in some time!