A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Automate change date to automatically show as text on webpage, when site has changed.

Automate change date to automatically show as text on webpage, when site has changed.

okay i asked this twice, but no one seems to want to answer this question of mine....i dont know is what i am asking so hard to do?
    I hope not....but anyways i will ask it again

but i want to have this text show up on my flash movie website:
    Last changes: 07/21/2003 10:57:52 (example),

but i would like the date to change everytime i change or modify my site......so that people who visit my site know if theres new stuff on the site....i know you can do it in Javascript, but i would love to know how to do it entirely using flash so i can place it anywhere in my flash website movie?

Any help will be greatly appreciated......oh i looked through the forums other people have wanted to know how to do this but no one seems to answer them.....

well thanks

To be honest I can't see why you don't put it in manually, as you will be changing the .swf anyway?

Else, if your site is content-driven, it should be easy enough to add a txt file with the date/time.

Or, if you are determined to do it the hard way, then why not try to get the page your swf is on to detect the last change via javascript and communicate that to your .swf?
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

yeah but i want it to automatically update the date.....and with several pages, it gets pretty crappy to do all the changes to the seperate webpages one by one.......

thanks anyways for atleast replying to my post