A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need opinions on site layout

Need opinions on site layout

It's not quite done yet...but I wanted opinions on the menu etc.
    Also, it doesnt have a preloader..but it's still of fairly small file size
    Alright thank you and here is the link

I really like the graphics except I am very confused about which buttons do what. The only problem I have with the site is the navigation buttons, which I think should be a different texture or color and there should be a loading screen/bar. Otherwise it looks very nice!

Originally posted by thesportshero
    I really like the graphics except I am very confused about which buttons do what. The only problem I have with the site is the navigation buttons, which I think should be a different texture or color and there should be a loading screen/bar. Otherwise it looks very nice!
    i'm just confused. sorry.

CONFUSED AiNT THE WORD

MATE confused, the menu doesnt appear until you push that semi circle type shapes oh the up arrow.
    Yeh I finally worked it out, Obviuosly you dont plan on making this site easy to navigate around.
    BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD EINSTEIN

am i only seeing the top right of the site or is that how it is supposed to look?

I'm not quite sure if you present only the top left side of your work or it should look that way!I think that the menu should appear at the start.If you have to show it yourself...well,it's kind of ennuing.

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    Not much there... The only thing i could offer is add more so we get a sence and feel for your end result. Its hard to say with something like this... Do you listen to tool?
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar

Re: Need opinions on site layout

Originally posted by pwned
    It's not quite done yet...but I wanted opinions on the menu etc.
    Also, it doesnt have a preloader..but it's still of fairly small file size
    Alright thank you and here is the link
    Im not to sure why people that post in this forum cant give proper criticism anymore but anyway i will.

I think that the goth kind of feel u have to the site is very nice BUT thats the only thing it has going for it when it comes to be using friendly.
    The menu isnt noticable to the normal web user so i think u need to rethink ur concept there so its obvious where to click.
    U seem to be cutting urself of really short when it comes to space for ur content because if those little boxes are meant to be for content then u arent going to fit alot on there.
    The background image i think u should make it look more interface like and not just have it looking like the top left corner of a image because it just doesnt look right and some people might think there is something down to the bottom right that shows after clicking something.
    Attention to detail is what makes a site though.
    You have to put yourself in the shoes of the person viewing your site and saying to yourself (if i seen this site would i beable to get around it easy and would it appeal to me to return again ??).
    If you find the answers to them as yes then hey bingo u could have a cool concept but as it is right now i think u need to go back to the drawing board and plan it out a little bit more.
    I just created www.dosdesign.com/nancy and its still under construction but u can see how it seamlessly flows and there isnt a prob navigating it at all but ive been using flash for a while now so.
    Dont let things discorage u though if u sit down and plan ur site out so u no for sure that all ur content will fit and that it is easy on the viewer then u will find urself creating some really nice work.
    Dont take anything ive said here the wrong way i just think u need to plan it out a little more then put those ideas into production .

Happy flashing

Mental

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

Hi, thanks for all your input.
    Could you check the link again, I changed some things that will hopefull make it easier to navigate.