A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: First Flash Site

*insert witty title here*

First Flash Site

Ok, First i would like to thank everyone for helping me out with this site. I have ahd a few questions here and there about how to do things, and although i am not quiet finished yet (just gotta speed it up tips on that would be handy). it is all put to together and functions.

all comments and suggestion welcome.

Sports Ink Design

Wolfie

your page won't display on my iMac, OSX, Safari... telling me I don;t have the flah plug in - which I know I do... :'(
    Sorry - just thought you might want to know...
    ___carpe_diem___

Web Developer & Designer
    Nice, not bad.

News button doesn't do anything?
    Gary W Web Developer and Designer

i like the site, colors are kinda bright, and the background is blank. it seems that even though its in flash, the same can be done with basic html. i would add a little motion

other than that it looks good.

Originally posted by Gary W
    Nice, not bad.

News button doesn't do anything?
    yeah I know the news button don't work yet. haven't made any content for that part yet.

but thanks

Originally posted by eyedea
    your page won't display on my iMac, OSX, Safari... telling me I don;t have the flah plug in - which I know I do... :'(
    Sorry - just thought you might want to know...
    a friend of mine had the same problem on her mac. but i know she didn't have the flash player so i told her to download it and install it. still didn't work, so she rebooted her machine and it worked.

got no idea why yours won't work? i am using the macromedia flash detector to make sure users have flash player on their system, so i got no idea why it won't work.

Originally posted by THeHNIC
    i like the site, colors are kinda bright, and the background is blank. it seems that even though its in flash, the same can be done with basic html. i would add a little motion

other than that it looks good.
    Thank, am quiet happy with the look, although i have been told it was too dark

I was only given a certain amount of time to create the site. So i ended up not being able to make any motion. Hopefully as my skills progress the site will progress with it. any ideas on what type of motion????

sorry, wolfie, can't help you on that one... no idea why....?!?

Just tried it in Explorer - just to check, never have any problems with flash in there - nope, same thing....
    It used to happen sometimes in Safari beta, befor ethe latest upgrade... but IE is always fine...

sorry to not be able to tell you anything more...
    ___carpe_diem___

... and I'd be quite curious now to see it... looking dark..? all the compliments on here... boohooo :'(
    ___carpe_diem___

True Doinker

nice

its pretty nice

the only thing I didnt like was the subject of this post

Its really annoying when people say " my first site" or "im twelve years old and this is my flash site"....and so on....

this is my flash site...
    if its your first or second...just say im inexperienced, or learning flash.....so on (but thats not that annoying...whats really annoying is when people try to impress you with their age)

**I used to be a fourteen year old putting out incredible work, but now that Im 17 it gets on my nerves when kids that are 8,9,10,11,12,13
    put out flash sites and try to impress everyone with their young age..
    .....ART IS ART, it is not limited to age, sex, or anything else...

lol, this was hardly a review for you, sorry....here lets get back to your site.

The site loaded quickly, was very nice and clean, simple to navigate.
    ...once you get more eperience with flash your work will look better and better, just keep at it **sorry for the rambling above
    Last edited by trinitron2k2; 07-25-2003 at 01:13 AM.
    Get your art critiqued today!
    http://www.doink.biz

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    This site could easily be done in stanard html with a few roll overs. That might solve some porblem with compat issues

I like all but the LOADING font. Its like a diablo or some branded font. It looks too D&D for sports... the opposite side of the track...

But not bad for a first site1 Not bad at all!

ps. i dont mind you posting its your first site... its good to know because this zoo is full of animals that dont know better!

this is my flash site...
    if its your first or second...just say im inexperienced, or learning flash.....so on (but thats not that annoying...whats really annoying is when people try to impress you with their age)

**I used to be a fourteen year old putting out incredible work, but now that Im 17 it gets on my nerves when kids that are 8,9,10,11,12,13
    Yes yes, understand completely. But I am in no way trying to impress with my age. I am 22yo, nearly 23. Only started websites when I was 19yo. Took up flash about 6months ago. Learnt everything from tutorials on here which all u great people wrote... THANK EVERYONE!!! :P

Thanks for all the completements. Tis great to see i didn't do too bad. Now i do know it could be done in HTML but i have been soo hooked on flash I just had to try it. of course slowly the site will develop and get more animation now all the ground work is done.

But i must say again THANK YOU for all the support the flashkit users have given me. It is all teriffic. oh and I am going on a flash course soon, to learn flash properly. hehehe.

Re: nice

Originally posted by trinitron2k2
    its pretty nice

the only thing I didnt like was the subject of this post

Its really annoying when people say " my first site" or "im twelve years old and this is my flash site"....and so on....

this is my flash site...

lol, this was hardly a review for you, sorry....here lets get back to your site.

The site loaded quickly, was very nice and clean, simple to navigate.
    ...once you get more eperience with flash your work will look better and better, just keep at it **sorry for the rambling above
    Oh come on, dont talk crap man, It's his first site he made in flash so why can't he tell it ??

djeeses

good site there bro.