A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: please siteCheck this

please siteCheck this

I just finished my first site n I'd like to know what people think of it.... What do u like? What do u dislike? Did you see any 'don't-does' on the site? Please let me know what u think of it...

Since ur there anyway.. please sign my guestbook....

Oh for those who don't understand dutch; use the 'naar site' button to enter the site.

here's the url:

www.crowndesign.nl

nice site... the little game is great, quite addictive!
    Really liked that - but couldn't you set it up so that the site loads while I'm busy with the game...? - That'd be perfect, I think...

Not sure about the constant spinning logo, bit too much contrast on colour for it to almost fade into the background. Too busy for reading...?
    I recently did a very busy site, where the clients wnated an animated bakcground... so I've looked at that a lot... not to say that I'm right here - just another opinion...

And maybe you could make the button hit area reach more toward the right, covering the text location as well, I found it easy - but people still get confused with stuff like that ... just a thought....

Overall, loved the game, the layout and colour combination!!!

Keep on flashin
    ___carpe_diem___

Thanx for the advise

Thanx for ur advise...

i tried to use the game as a preloader but it wouldnt work... it just wouldnt get of the stage even not with unloadMovieNum, but I didnt give up yet...

I didnt quite understood what u ment with the spinning logo.. should I change the colors? make it stop spinning? both? just the logo or the other 3D movieclips aswell?

Thanx a bill again

About the logo... I think it looks good, the colours are a bit too strong in contrast with the background and the colour behind the text. - I think I would put it all the way behind everything - maybe set the colour behind the text to a lower opacity to see the spinning logo through a little bit... and also fade it out a bit more - have you tried setting the Effect to a certain brightness percentage, to simply wash out the colours a little bit more - then going to the advanced settings and lowering the alpha value in there.
    With this technique I think you'll be able to keep it in there and turn it into a very subtle effect - it does look great! Just a little bit too busy....

Hope this helps...
    ___carpe_diem___

Okay thanx again...

I'm gonna experiment with that a bit tomorrow... see what happens

thanx a bill

True Doinker

?

its original, but needs more of a "well designed" feel to it

it needs.....I dont know how to put this...it needs a little "umph"

wow this hasnt been helpful for you...sorry...but the site is a good start, the game kept me playing for a few minutes so thats good, ..the site just feels really empty...
    Get your art critiqued today!
    http://www.doink.biz

yea i know what u mean with 'umph' I kinda saw it too but I couldnt define it. The technical part is better than the design.... Does anybody recommond good webdesign books where they discuss designing?

All of my books are about scripting Maybe I need to focus on design a bit more now and less on devellopping

Thanx for ur opion,..

its well appreciated

Nice site.But I don't like the navigation buttons and the scripting you made for them.First-why do they have to go almost to the other side of the screen and Second-I don't like when you push them,they go so much to the right that I can't see the labels.But I like the spinning logo alot.Well that's from me.Keep up the nice work.

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    very simple! very clean... too clean? your style is unique to say the least.

The game is nice but i didnt have any idea it was a game. Until it was too late! The site is missing something. I just didnt get that excited!
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH

Could it be?

It seems that everyone is missing something... (I do agree)
    but what is it? Could it be sound? Maybe I need some background sounds? Like an ambience or something?

How do I solve this thingie that make the site look so empty?

Navigation

Did more people had problems understanding and using the navigation? Please let me know if you did or did not.