A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exporting Flash elements for use in html pages.

Exporting Flash elements for use in html pages.

I have a friend who is considering using flash but she does primarily html pages. She just wants to use flash to create buttons and then export them to be used on html pages. I'm assuming this is possible, but I have never tried it so I don't know how it would be done. Also, would she have to know and use and java to do this? Thank you.

If she uses different html pages as in a normal site, then the navigation can be a flash movie inserted in a table on each of the pages. Simple getURL commands on the buttons will load new pages, with no java needed.

But, I would recommend against using flash for navigation, simply because search engine spiders can't follow the links to the other pages to read them. Not a problem if there are other links to the pages somewhere on each page, but it doesn't work nearly as good as html links would.

I haven't tried this yet myself, it remains on the To Do list, but you could make buttons in flash, for the effects, then try exporting them as animated gifs. Not sure how or if it would work tho.