A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pricing on sound file replacement???

Pricing on sound file replacement???

I need to add sound to a .fla file for a client. It's basically just replacing one that's already there. The sound starts as soon as the fla file starts. It's for a pretty well established company and they may need me to do much more of these in the future. How much would you charge for this? Thanks- Chris

Sounds like it's super simple, as in 5 minutes simple providing your files/assets are in place. You never ever know what you'll find when you open another designers fla, so always account for that, but I'd say 5-10 minutes at the least & give yourself 1 hr at the most just in case things are gross when you get in there.

YOU determine your hourly rate. No one here can tell you how much to charge. Even my rates vary according to client and job. The least I've billed was $70/hr on Flash and the most was $100/hr. But that's me.

Happy Flashing
    Erin Alicia Design
    The face of the web has altered. Are you ready for a change?

Recent Launch: Bonita Springs Utilities

if its as easy as you make it sound (1-15 min of work) do it for free. That will make this client like you more which in turn can bring in more work. At least thats what i would do.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

Originally posted by MG315
    if its as easy as you make it sound (1-15 min of work) do it for free. That will make this client like you more which in turn can bring in more work. At least thats what i would do.
    wait till you get a mortgage and kids!
    Living the dream