A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: absolut-babushka.com ______sweet!

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar

absolut-babushka.com ______sweet!

This is sweet work:

http://www.absolut-babushka.com

Ahhhh,... what's going on with all the ripped 2A sound effects? It looks pretty old to, design wise.

Sound ripped yes, but old I don't know.

Originally posted by absolutezero
    It looks pretty old to, design wise.
    Word on that. Typography is bas as well. Looks like a poorly-planned site.

sound very anoying!

header looks like a poorly done yalu yanu site, or whatever that sites called. I knew the sound effects were familiar too.

maybe.

No-Tec, your talking about http://www.yulia-nau.de/eng.htm

What ever happen to that site?

geeze, close your eyes and it's 2a

I like it. Much cleaner, more subtle style - in other words, different - than 2A's, but more to my preference.

Sounds? There as much 2A rip offs as 2A's are from numerous video games. Don't you guys play computer games? Even if 2A's are created by themselves (which I presume they are) there's only so much subtle difference you can do, they're still gaming-type interface sounds.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    I too, like Davo, am sick of the 2a rip comment. 2a cornered a certain style that is responsible for a lot of creative work. This site is a perfect example. A watered down, simple approach. I like it. Clean photos and the typography isnt as bad as you make it.

We all eventually find our own style through the inspiration of others. As i have said before most of you have 'ripped' something from someone so refrain from letting rip off your toungue so quickly.
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH

FK's Osirus
    ur computer screen Chars Viewed: 127,417,094 Total Posts Viewed: 61,825 Total Threads Viewed: 12,598
    Lots of bugs, horrible sound.

PEOPLE shut up about ripping 2A, no one gives a dam! I got accused of copying 2A because i built my website in flash. You guys aint any different, just proves you don't know what your talking about.

WOW some of the elements of his website are similar to 2A, so what, do you really have to moan about it!
    Last edited by aversion; 08-01-2003 at 08:55 AM.
    
    
    

sorry, those are 2a sounds but i wouldn't care if the site didn't kinda suck.
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

Originally posted by korcian
    Lots of bugs, horrible sound.

PEOPLE shut up about ripping 2A, no one gives a dam! I got accused of copying 2A because i built my website in flash. You guys aint any different, just proves you don't know what your talking about.

WOW some of the elements of his website are similar to 2A, so what, do you really have to moan about it!

How about the fact that those sounds are (c)'d by 2a?

we all pretty much know what we are talking about. i suggest you check yourself b4 you go spouting off stuff that will get you flamed.
    Last edited by aversion; 08-01-2003 at 08:56 AM.
    maybe.

meh...

They downloaded the sound from somewhere so I don't think its all that (c)

Version 2 of 2Advanced used Chapter three images

Version 3 of 2Advanced used stock clouds and images from Getty Images.

Sounds are also bought and can be used by anybody. These effects have have been around since the 70s.

You people are sick if you think 2A has anything original in it.

Get Japanese version of Wipeout for the original Playstation ( 1995 ) you'll see and hear everything you see in 2A designs. And that was way before 2A.
    I believe Star Trek next gen. had similar designs and sounds and that was what? 10 years ago?

Personally I don't give a s**t if they stole the sounds... but I think what the others are saying is that it's sad to see 2A plagiarized completely. I'm sure 2A bought their sounds from somewhere... or who knows maybe they duplicated them on the boards... but if you don't hear the 4 different sounds timed EXACTLY the same as 2A's was... then you're deaf. It's a combination of fx that makes up 2A's Track, not a complete "loading" sound from a royalty free cd.

It's a collective works copyright, and they are violating it.

Again, I could care less.

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    Why sit here and play judge and Jury. Flashkit is starting to turn into a lame place. Only thing these old cocky members have to say anymore is '2a rip'.

I think your all a bunch of winning losers! dyldebus although your point is politically correct is pointless because noone but you winning babies care! Fk needs a new thread for you cry babies and its called '2a rip off'.

A place where you can drown in your tears!

BAH - could care less what these morons think!!!
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH

"winning losers" ??

oh well, no rips here, no flaming here.

thread closed.