A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombiethumb's first Flash site

Zombiethumb's first Flash site

Looking for some feed back on my very first Flash site. The content is a bit sparse at this point because I was more focused on getting to know Flash. All criticism is appreciated!

http://www.zombiethumb.com/mainmovie.html

wel ur website need improvement ...

Nice! I like it a lot... the way it shoots around when you hit a button is a pretty cool idea. If anything I would suggest a way to turn the music off if you wanted to. Besides that I love it.

Great Idea!!!

I think it's great. I’ve not seen anything like it before.
    However, I wonder if the concept that the menu system is the eye at the beginning of the site could be clearer? (Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick)
    It's a really cool idea but I'm not sure that it makes it self clear enough, would you not be better to zoom in on the eye rather than the transition you've currently got.

Apart from that my only other moan is that the pictures are not big enough, they look really good but you can’t see any detail and there is so much to look at they need to be twice the size to be appreciated.

Once again though very cool site, I really did like it.

Very nice. Suits your images perfectly.

You've taking a very simple idea,(the scrolling mc) and adapted it to give a very cool effect.

I'd second that, the look and feel of the site suites the work perfectly.

My only gripe is that it just kind of sits at the top of the page. I'd at least centre it.

Nice one

Ian

Awesome stuff! I always adored people who can bring such ideas to life. As a designer you've succeeded!
    Great, great stuff!
    Don't mess with me, I'm the stair master!
    I've mastered the stairs!
    I wish I had a step right here, right here and I'd step all over it!

Razor
    Its works now Awsome site. You're good a drawing
    Last edited by chuckury; 07-31-2003 at 09:15 AM.

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    beautiful; just beautiful; Jakob Nielsen wouldn't really love the site (man, no use of the back button? ) but to me it looks great; the navigation is really original, the transitions and fps work wonders in my limited specs (amdk7 750, 512 ram, Radeon 9100) and everything looks smooth and nice...

just a q, is this site addressed to possible clients or to a design agency?

Great feedback!

Alright, thanks to all! I definately plan to take the concept further. Perhaps animating through a more virtual 3-dimensional space. I want to create the effect as if the viewer is traveling around the neurons of a zombified brain. I love the macabre! Perhaps a narrative intro should set the stage.
    I would like to center the movie in the browser window. Does any one know a good way to do that, even when the window is resized?

Originally posted by khurramalvi
    wel ur website need improvement ...
    So do your language skills, apparently, Mr. khurramalvi

zombiethumb, that was freakin' beautiful (literally). I'd ditch that eye bit in the beginning, but the concept is absolutely amazing, 'specially for a first flash site. Cheers to ya.

Drop it in a table in html set cells and table properties to 100%.

Comming from a band named "From the Grave", I loved your site. Original concept, cool nav, and cool art.

Keep working on it.

If your using dreamweaver, the other way is to place the swf into a layer and use PVII's Layout Designer2 to center the layer to the screen. This is far easier than using a table as you don't have to set any borders or sizes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can just set it to center on any html progie out there, but a table assures it stays true center. Not to mention w/ most html editors setting alignment isnt that big of a deal.

Really cool idea.It didn't took long to load and it's pretty original.Great work!
    Peace!!!

Absolutely incredible, really well done. When you can look at a site and almost see the "spark" that started it, then you know you've got a winner. Very impressive.

-D

i think it's one of the better sites i've seen in a while. very well. done. love the concept. love the art works. u b talented. edit: oh, and love the way the words grow at the different areas.
    Last edited by kelly2shirts; 08-01-2003 at 07:38 PM.

center advice appreciation

I wish to center vertically as well as horizontally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't html tables only capable of horizontal alignment?

I am using Dreamweaver and I have played around with layers. Perhaps that is the best, maybe the only way to achieve vertical alignment?

Thanks for all the help. I'm putting together an intro for my site which will help define the theme I'm after. Stay tuned and...
    Stay Scared! George Romero

center advice appreciation

I wish to center vertically as well as horizontally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't html tables only capable of horizontal alignment?

I am using Dreamweaver and I have played around with layers. Perhaps that is the best, maybe the only way to achieve vertical alignment?

Thanks for all the help. I'm putting together an intro for my site which will help define the theme I'm after. Stay tuned and...
    Stay Scared! George Romero

Use this:

<html>
    <head>

</HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000" topmargin="50" marginheight="50">
    <!-- URL's used in the movie-->
    <!-- text used in the movie-->
    <!--loadingloadingloadingloadingloadingloadingloadingl oading-->
    <CENTER>
    <table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="#000000"><div align="center">
    <object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
    width="700" height="300" id="mainmovie" align="middle">
    <param name=movie value="mainmovie.swf">
    <param name=quality value=high>
    <param name=bgcolor value=#000000>
    <embed src="mainmovie.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 width="700" height="300" name="mainmovie" align="middle"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
    </object>
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </CENTER>

</head>

<body>

</body>
    </html>