A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Color Level Filtering in Flash??

Color Level Filtering in Flash??

In adobe Photoshop and other art programs there is a function to filter the color levels.

This will take an image and reassign the color levels. For example if a slide is too dark you can set what a color is supposed to be and it will say tones of this bright ness and above are considered bright..
    Not sure if I just confused anyone but I confused myself...

We have made a Java application to do this to images, but know we want to recreate it in Flash.

Does anyone know of a way in flash to on the fly take an image that has been loaded into the flash application while its running as a FlashVar and be able to change the color filtering.. What you would be doing is basically for each color tone or RGB you would feed it into a formula and determine what color tone or RGB would be displayed.

I am sorry this is so confusing... any help is greatly welcome.

I think that kind of functionality is beyond the vector-based Flash.

However, you could do the Java image retouching and reload the image into flash, just have to have some inter-app communication. i beleive you can do it with php as well, but I dont know for sure.

The closest you would get is the setRGB commands, which are really for fills, or masking with alpha fills.

But, if you have sufficient patience, break your image into R, G, and B, load them in separately, and then mess with them with Flash? Probably a waste of time.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

thx for the info... I had a feeling this might be beyond flash... unfortunately