dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: windows look alike scroll bars and site search engines help

windows look alike scroll bars and site search engines help

Hi all,
    Last time i was here there was a newbie discussion board so i dont know if i am in the right place?
    Okay my problem is i dont have much time and i have a slow 28k connection.
    what i want:
    I want a nice pale blue windows scroller to put on to my site
    I will have a small box with text links to scroll through and would like the scroller to be a windows look alike.
    could you post the link to the open source movie (in movies)

I would also like a on site search engine. Not a search engine for the web but one to search my site.
    My site will be reviews of gallery shows so lots of pages of text on site is there a search engine for my site. ie to search through my site only for key words.

I am not bad at flash but still a newbie with a very slow connection could some one help me find what i am looking for
    Thanks all keep up the good work

Hi,

you will probably get more help here on the scroller - and more help in scripting and backend on the searchy thing. Since you said "lots of text", do not expect flash to handle it, but look for a serverside solution

Musicman

This link has 3 free to download search engines for flash. You need to join the Flash Exchange, which is painless and free.

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/ex...ash%20Exchange

If you use the component scroller, the colors can be changed in the skins folder of the component when it's in the library.