A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Priority issue with collision script inside mc's....

Hi,

I can't figure this out ....

At a certain moment a detection action is run. The detection mc’s all have the same Instance Name with a unique number added to it. The detection script is inside each mc. When there is collision with an mc the unique number is retrieved using substring and GetProperty(“”,_Name) so the movie can continue using the actionscript in case of collision with this mc.

When there is collision with several mc’s at the same time the Flash movie will chose one of these mc’s to continue the actionscript for this particular collision. When collision detection is used through a loop function the actionscript for the mc with the highest number will be chosen.

However when collision detection is done like described above this seems to be different. Sometimes the mc with the highest number is chosen (from an overlapping cluster of mc’s) and sometimes the mc with the lowest number (another overlapping cluster of mc’s) but within one cluster of mc’s the chosen mc is always the same no matter if it has the highest, lowest or somewhere in between unique Instance Name number!

Is there anybody who can explain how the mc with priority is chosen above the others (within a colliding cluster of mc’s) when using detection script in each mc individually as apparantly there is a pattern?

raoul

Senior Moderator
    yes there is but it is too long a script to write here so if you send me your .fla file i will sort this bit for you!!!

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards Flashguru

Great FlashGuru, I will!

btw. it will be one of the mc's that is loaded into the mainnmovie, but it contains all the collision actionscript.

(The mainmovie is about 9 mb know, it will take a long time to download)

Thanks,

raoul

Senior Moderator
    k i still need to see your fla though so i can see the movieclip names and so on!!!please also send a better explanation!!!!

Cheers Mate Ill sort it!!!