dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: free design

free design

I think I'm decent at Flash, but don't want what else there is to learn because I learn more when I am facing the problem. So I need some projects to work to gain experience and make portfolio. So I'm offering to do small flash or pirnt design projects for free, so I can gain experience. It will be my own internship I don't think I'm good enough to charge money so please do not use me as a primary option for a big very important project. I am just looking for small projects I can work that you either do not have time for or need done.

What I used to do was email random companies who had poorly done websites and offer them a re-design. "All I ask is my name on the site" type of teal. Alot of them, if you get any responses, will take your kindness into perspective and offer to pay you. But don't let that be your plan when you do it, because you get greedy, and it will screw you over.

When ya do it though, email sites you have an interest in, like sports or something. So if they call you or something you already have a little unspoken bond between you two, and you will also know alot about the subject at hand. Ya know, kinda like when you go to a skatepark, even people you dont know, its easy to talk to them b/c you share the same interests.

I dont know, it's how I started out and it helped alot.

I dont know how old you are, but if you can drive and present yourself in a well manicured professional manner, it's a good idea to go downtown to maybe nightclubs or something and offer to do some fliers or business cards. Its a sexy way to get connections and meet people at the same time. Night club owner type people talk to alotta people.

I dont know see ya
    maybe.

Re: free design

Originally posted by aarockla
    I think I'm decent at Flash, but don't want what else there is to learn because I learn more when I am facing the problem. So I need some projects to work to gain experience and make portfolio. So I'm offering to do small flash or pirnt design projects for free, so I can gain experience. It will be my own internship I don't think I'm good enough to charge money so please do not use me as a primary option for a big very important project. I am just looking for small projects I can work that you either do not have time for or need done.
    hello, aarockla
    I got a project for you if you are intersted....I'm just starting to learn flash mx and actionscript and could use some help if you are interested...its pretty chalenging...I'm a photographer and am designing a new site and would like to colaborate with you. PM me and I'll give you the details .... if you like it and you can help we'll go but if not no hard feelings..ok?

photohead