dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: photoshop help

photoshop help

ok, i have a pciture right and i wanna put it ona white background, but and this picuture is a square,. I dont want to take out the background, I just want to put this pic on top of a bigger white background. hee's the part i can't figure out i want like the edges of the picutre to fade into the background so i tdoesn lok like a straight squae on their but they are kind of meshed. where the edges are slightly faded into a white background. how would i do that? if you don't understand please tell me and ill try to explain better

Hi,

When you drag your square pictur on to the biger white background keep the SHIFT key pressed. This will place your picture in the precise middle of your white background.
    Then select about three quarters of you square picture layer keeping the SHIFT key pressed again. Modify your selection as you want Select/Modify Selection then add a Feather Select/Feather of about 5-6 pixels. Then go to Layer/ Mask/ Reveal Selection. Your square picture should blend in to your background. Play with the feather/selection untill your pleased with the result.
    Cheers,
    Nicolae
    Nicolae

thanks, i got it to work.