A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to link exe file from flash.......

how to link exe file from flash.......

could you give me a script in flash where
    i can call a exe and make it play in the file itself and also call a text file and make it play in the file itself.
    or can you send me action scripts.it is very urgent please try to send it soon.

thank you

Banned
    This is not for online use is it? You can't run an .exe if online. As for a text file, do you mean load a text file to be displayed in a textfield, or display an html page within your Flash movie, which can't be done either?

exe script

hi there
    well i had sent u a mail yesturday and i wanted to know wether i can call a exe in the flash file itself.the exe will have to run in the file itself.it is for a CD Presentation and not for online purposes.
    i shall explain further in detail.

There is a entire presentation in flash.well i have linked all the pages to each other.and it plays well.the thing is that there are many exe and text files which i have to run in the file itself.i will have to put a picture on that page and when i click on it the exe or the text file has to play there.it just has to run like a normal exe,and nothing else.i have tried every thign tell target call movie and so on.if u could give me a script or an action in detail step by step so i will follow it well i will be very obliged.and i need it very soon as i have to give up a project.

secondly i have done a similar site like this site below.
    (http://www.iedge.com.au/index_flash.htm).could u go to the link of this page and see the presentation and espically see the trasitions of how the pages go off and come on.i mean the small boxes.could u tell me how it is done and is there a script for it if ther is could u give it to me in detail and very son also as my neck is on the line and i need it ver urgently.as i have been trying and not successful at all.as t will be foolish of me to animate one square at a time.as i think they have done one animation and called a script.i cant even get that one animation coudl u see it and tell me how it is done.the bignign of the file and also how thoes small boxes appear in teh bignign and also thoes small sqaures which forms a square where the box appears for the text.i will be obliged if u could send these 2 options as soon as possible.

thanx alot i am depending on you or else i am dead.my dead lien to give up all these things is by saturday.please help me as i visit your site daily.

thanx

vanessa

Java?

Isn't there some way, while in flash, to use actionscript to activate javascript, which in turn loads an .exe?