dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: a site

a site

heres a quick site i did for my neighborhood.
    i personally dont like it, but none of them know anything about flash so i guess its grand.
    how bout some opinions from people who know what theyre talking about?

no host yet
    http://gmhwebdesign.com/index2.htm

early in developement, WAY TOO BIG. oops

Some of the box edges are a bit pixeled. I don't like the space given to the news section.

Otherwise, its not bad.

good start!!

overall you've got a good start. i agree with the last post. you may want to consider some changes in the news section. while i do think it looks cool and it is functional, some may find it extremely confussing to use. navigation is easy to use but maybe dress it up a bit...some roll over effects would be nice...something other than a color change to yellow. the scrolling image in the background is a cool touch but trying to read your welcome text with the background moving is a little distracting and almost made me queezy.

i love your font and color choice and the transitions are top notch. keep up the good work!!

gmh526,

Nice site. Running a pc here at 1024x768 and had to scroll down to see the complete site (main section). Only other problem I saw was on the about section the text box that shows up the header is hard to read. The main text is fine, reads well, but the header looks very light for some reason compared.

I like it though...nice.
    wd

sorry about the scrolling down to see it, i run at 1280 x 1024 and forget to switch back to other res's.

i agree that it needs some polishing, and the news section is annoyingly small.

thanks