A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: site check, not sure about layout?

site check, not sure about layout?

Ok, went for something more simple, its just the first page I wanted some opinions before I took it further. Going for more of the simple look, although may it be lacking animation? Let me know what you guys think...oops forgot to stick this in.

check it out here

any critique please?

its ntmo bad but not much there to go on. Are yo sure a paint bucket with messy paint is the way you want to promote this?

I just think you need a more professional image

defiantmedia,

I would increase the font size on the main page. The navigation font and the main content area font size is drastically different.

wd

I wouldn't say the paint bucket is a bad thing. Although for being an interior company, my first image would be something that we had worked on that would impress the user immediately.

I agree with the fonts. TOO SMALL!

I was thinking of making a flash intro showing some of the work, problem is all the pictures of her work are kinda crappy quality. i will up the fonts and tinker a bit and ask for more input. thank you so much for your time guys.

Also, whats wrong with the paint bucket? I think I may get a hi-res picture of her work for first page, should I still use the paint bucket within the sites content? I am going to do an HTML and Flash version. thanks again, please comment!

good start!!

it's a nice simplistic design. i'm a big fan of keeping things simple. i like your navigation concept, it fits the simplistic design well. i do agree with the others, the font size is a tad too small, at least for the color choice of the font. the font itself isn't bad...maybe use a darker shade of the blue to make it stand out a little more against the white background. and the paint bucket should go. the design of your site leans towards elegance, the picture seems to detract from that.

overall good start!!

:// Mind Over Matter
    yea keeping things simple is the way to go! That layout looks so clean and professional. First of all the bucket looks very interesting and unique since I have never seen a site with it. I also like your text size and font and the over sound fx for the buttons. It perfect! NICE JOB!

ps
    keep the font size the way it is...i hate big font size, it makes your movies look kiddy and ugly..

awseome, thanks a bunch for input, I think I am gonna flash it all up with some cool transitions, and I will use the bucket on a different section, the point marvyn said was to use an image of her work to catch the customers eye...Thanks for all your input, When I am finished I will ask you all to check it out....

:// Mind Over Matter
    but the bucket does catch the viewers eyes becasue it is unique and different from otehr site images...