A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a Video Presentation in Flash

Creating a Video Presentation in Flash

I am creating a presentation in flash, that is too mimic a video presentation.
    It seems like my movie has become too large and it's dropping a lot of frames.
    I need the movie to stream to a voiceover with music, so I have everything on the main timeline.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

what type of content are you showing visually? if you have a lot of jpegs, you can start by compressing those more. optimize vector graphics, etc. if you have embedded quicktime movies, keep them seperate. video looks crappy in flash anyway. best to create an html pop up page with the quicktime movie.

Usually when you drop frames its because you have set a sound to stream and have the fps higher than your machine can handle. Setting sound to stream converts your flash frame based playback to time based thus slower machines will drop frames to keep up.

Give some details on your scenario...file size, fps settings, content its the only way any one can help you for sure

The movie was supposed to be 800x 600, I just made it 640x480
    It's running a lot better, but still dropping frames at the end.
    I have 15 jpegs, and also overlays which were designed in illustrator and imported in. At the moment the movie is 20fps, should i make it slower? I ham working on a 733 G4

Thank you

Thats a decent powered machine.

20 fps at 640 x 480 is gonna be tough on slower computers, and there are plenty of them out there. I would shoot for 12fps if you insist on even going that high, that would be equivilant to what traditional cell animation movies play at...ie --> Disney.