A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: yet another site

yet another site

definately nor completed yet, but i want to know your opinions so far. still a lot of bugs, mainly in the portfolio section, and a lot of content is still nonexistant.

what do you think so far?

also, im having trouble finding some suitable music for it. any suggestions? ill take loops or full files to stream.

thanks again

my site

You really should consider some type of navigation for the site. Going through the pages one at a time with arrows isn't too practical.
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

but thats the whole point. you zoom in. then some more. ever see sofake.com? well, i guess they do have more navigation than this, but also more pages.
    but really. there are three pages. is it that unbearably unpractical?
    anything else?

I just think in terms of scalability. if you ever need to add more than 3 pages, you'll have to redo the whole site. if that doesn't bother you, it's fine. the transitions are really well done.
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

pretty good idea, but feels naked. and it would be wize to have at least two buttons always visible (even if small) for about you and portfolio. the wire frame thing feels a little bit yesterday to me. sorry.

i guess i agree about adding a traditional nav.

"naked" ?
    wireframe feels yesterday? please kindly direct me to another "wireframe zooming text thingy" type of site

just how it feels dude. the zooming thing is cool, but the problem is it feels yesterday and naked to me. maybe it isn't, just how it feels to me. maybe some color will do it some justice.

gmh526,

I would also say that some sound (background music and subtle) would be nice eventually too. I know you are just starting, but it would be something to consider. Also, some of the type gets lost (hard to read) when its background is the 3d wireframe. Not easy to see at all.... Nice concept.

wd

i believe early i mentioned i was looking for suitable sound....
    havent noticed the type problems, will look at that

i don't get it

things i like: small is good, colors are descent, transitions are nice and well thought out.

things i don't get: what is this site for? are you trying to sell something or is this simply for your own viewing pleasure...no real direction. why would anyone want to "close" any of your text boxes? once they're closed they're gone...and once you've closed all of them you're left looking at a site full of nothing because there's no way to re-open them. your transitions are painfully long...maybe if you new what to expect (i.e. some sort of navigation)then sitting through a bunch of swift 3d wouldn't seem so bad. also, check your math calculations because your pixel fonts are running together in places...could be the nature of the font.

clean design, pretty but not much else

hey. hey. a-hey-na-ney-na-hey D-von's Avatar
    i like the smallness of the site...
    but i dont like the option to close the windows...

i want tu see more color its very bland....

some vibrant colors... like some oranges and stuff... basically one of each of the primary and secondary colors...
    the 3d stuff is nice, but it'd also be nice if you could go to the other pages with a button...

its nice and clean but nothing that really stood out to me

onSit=function() {makeFlash}; basssmannn's Avatar
    cool....swift3d i presume?

yup... swift 3d basssmannn

gmh526,

I missed in your first post that you were looking for a suitable sound loop. I did some checking and they do have some sound loops here on flashkit. Also, I did a check on google and they also sell royalty free sound loops on cds. Here is the link to the flashkit section: http://www.flashkit.com/loops/. There are tons (my guess is about 3,000) loops to listen to. I am sure you could find something there....I hope.

wd

I agree with above, a more traditional navitation would be nicer. Keep the transitions, as they are nice, but having to go through everything to get to your destination is annoying, and will be to potential clients.

Perhaps a tint of color on the content background box. As it is, the main background interferes with the content and makes it a bit difficult to read.

Adjust your mask a bit. It's creeping outside of the borders.

Finally, it just seems too small. Perhaps bumping it up another 25% would do the trick.