dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do i animate a layer

Hybrid View

how do i animate a layer

I am trying to animate a stick figure. I have a layer of eyes legs arm and mouth. how do i animate each element of the layer serparetly?

what are you trying to do with the figure? you want to animate it, but how. there isn't an 'animate' button. you have to basically create many keyframes one after another, and make small adjustments to the parts on each. kind of like how cell animation works. picture by picture. is that what you're trying to do.

ya i think so thanks

if you are doing frame by frame animation, you can do it like kelly2shirts says, simply add a frame, make a change, add another frame, make another change.
    If you want to do it with tweening, (motion or shape tween) you will need to seperate the different elements on your layer (head, arm, arm, leg, leg, etc) onto different layers so that each element occupies its own layer.

In Flash MX you can do this easily by selecting the frame in the timeline, and going Modify > Distribute to Layers. In Flash 5 you will need to Cut each element, create a new layer, and go Edit > Paste In Place