A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: red jpgs, 2 work; 2 don't, why is this?

red jpgs, 2 work; 2 don't, why is this?

I have a problem. I had the swf working fine on my site, and all images appeared and did what they were supposed to. Not a problem, I do not remember what I did, but now the first two images turn into red blocked squares. I designed two other sites and there was no problem so I attributed it to the images. Today I designed another image in Photoshop for another project I have, and it did the same thing. Here are some URL's to the troubled sites

My Site

My project in working

Any help would be appreciated. I have all of the images to the bottom of the file and they are in the background of the text. I am using 2.0 Swish. If you need to see the jpg's seperately let me know.

Red images is a Swish problem. Your in the Flash General forum. As not many here know much about Swish, you'll probably get a faster answer here.

Thanks, as I am new to this forum I figured it was a general problem so I posted it here. I posted it there. Has this problem been known to happen in Dreamweaver 4 or Dreamweaver MX or Fireworks for that matter?

I have seen a number of threads mentioning the red square where an image is supposed to be, and they all were in Swish. I can't say I ever followed up on them. Have you checked that they are non-progressive jpg's? I know flash will not load them dynamically, although you can import them to the flash library. It's a long shot, and not sure Swish even cares.

OK here's the thing. I went into explore mode, and I found that only my pc is displaying them as red squares. Kinda odd for it to be like that, I think it might have to do with swish. Call me lazy but I like swish (because I am not used to flash MX yet and swish lets you make things happen without thinking too much). Do my link appear clear to you?

Both links worked and I saw no red images.

I started with Swish about a year ago. Got MX last October and never looked back.

Have any recommendations on tutorials? I am a fresh started decided if I was going to learn flash I would try swish, if I liked what I could do for clients I would go mx, and I got a real good deal on MX studio

When I knew I was going to get MX, I got the free download. That afternoon I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a couple MX books. That night I ordered the Boxed version of MX. Looking back, I can say that if your not using it yet, your just wasteing time, cause sooner or later your going to start using it and probably never open Swish again.

Start by doing the tutes that come with the program, then do some stuff from the books. Take the time to learn all the tools and how best to use them. It doesn't take long, but you should really get a good grounding in the interface. Saves time later. Then get into the actionscript. That's where the real power of flash is.

I've got 6 books now, for MX only. 4 of them for actionscript alone. I've got my eye on a couple more. I probably have more time than most to devote to it, and make no mistake, it has a "Steep" learning curve, but I can't think of anything else right now that will affect the internet more in the next few years, and it's worth learning. It's already paid for itself dozens of times over. Working with Flash is no cottage industry, and the way I see it, you use the best tools around for this job, not the cheapest.

Other than books and tutes, your in the best place possible for learning flash. The links at the top of this page are loaded with more tutes and open source fla's and sound files. and you'll get almost any resonable question answered here in a short time.

Thanks for the info. I don't want to sound cocky but I am a fast learner. I learned swixh front to back in about 3 days. I look forward to working with the MX studio.

Thanks again