A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: room renting for international students

room renting for international students

Ok, the location is Ecuador, southamerica

A friend of mine has a big all house. Her daughter went to a university in France, so she has plenty of space at her house now.

She was thinking in renting a room for international students (that means everyone coming from other country), so she ask me to do a little website with photos of her house and contact info. I just think that's not the right way to do it (you know, i'd really not like to post photos of my house in the internet, who knows who is watching).

From my point of view she should advertise this rent-room service in universities around the world (which have exchanges to other countries like Ecuador) or institutes or organizations that do exchanges. But as i just don't know of any, i can't help her too much.

You guys have any recomendations on how to advertise the "room for rent, only for students" in the internet? how would you do this task?

Any tip would be of great help.

Thanx
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

contact the office of student affairs and ask to have them post to their class email ist. do the same for the international studies depart.

yeah, definitely contact your local university, I'm sure they have some advice.

I don't know about Ecuador and don't even know about the UK but in Hungary it's completely normal practise to advertise rooms 'for students only' in the local papers. It usually means they are very small, dirty and basically pretty crap but that's a different story

- n.

yeah. I was thinking on that. A web page doesn't suit much for this job. I was thinking in doing something very small, charge like 70 USD, the thing is that for it to have some success, i'd have to do a lot of marketing (contact local unis, and other unis and organizations abroad that have agreements with ecuador unis for students) and as usually that kinda work isn't seen b the user, she'd probably think more than 70USD would be 2 expensive and promoting a webpage is hell of a work.

So I'll advise her to go with offline promotion (emails to unis and such).

Thanks guys
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.