A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "exec" Command of FSCommand doesnot work in Windows 2000, WHY?

twist118-your comment made way too much sense!

when someone has a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Linux + BeOS = ? ? ? ? ? ? connect2nikhil's Avatar
    Originally posted by XcVbSdRw
    twist118-your comment made way too much sense!

when someone has a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
    Looks like twist118 is trying to twist the whole thread.

A person(twist118) using flash to enhance his creativity is going back, has lost the race to excel. The tip suggested by you, twist118 is fit if you're posting some bullsh*t thread on Microsoft's Forums, not on Flashkit forum's.

Ok, so back to my topic, I've made what I wanted to using Flash 5 and it works.
    So, there ain't any need of dragging and dropping all those icons I have in my start menu, like you said.
    To design is Human. To Flash is Divine.- Nikhil "NicK" Desai
    Anyone, who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.
    Anyone, who continues learning stays young.
    The greatest thing in life is to keep learning and stay young. - Henry Ford

connect2nikhil-You should not be so disrespectful of those who offer to help you.

Based on your earlier comments it seems you are quick to accuse those who try to help you of being "confused" when in fact it has been you who was confused through most of this thread!

Nicole Jacobson
    Well excuse me for trying to offer a solution! There is no reason to be rude when someone is trying to help! That's what these forums are for - helping each other out!

Based on your post, I was just curious why you were trying to create a flash program to launch your programs. I thought I might learn something from your reply, but all I learned is that you are a defensive jerk!

Thanks, XcVbSdRw for your posts!
    Last edited by twist118; 09-10-2003 at 12:03 PM.

Originally posted by XcVbSdRw
    connect2nikhil-You should not be so disrespectful of those who offer to help you.

Based on your earlier comments it seems you are quick to accuse those who try to help you of being "confused" when in fact it has been you who was confused through most of this thread!
    Hello! XcVbSdRw,

I wasn't disrespectful to anyone who has offered me a helping hand. The reason why I said confused was... When I wish to make something in flash, that means that I want to do it in flash only. Any jerk using windows knows that shortcuts can be dragged and dropped into the quicklaunch panel and then they can be used.

But this ain't any solution to my question. My question was "exec" Command of FSCommand doesnot work in Windows 2000, WHY? and we were getting a bit diverted from the topic. Don't you think so, twist118. If you don't think so, then I take your post as a worth one. But if I could do it that way, why would have I posted this kindda question in the forum asking "exec" Command of FSCommand doesnot work in Windows 2000, WHY?.

Now this is for your post, twist118, you asked me Based on your post, I was just curious why you were trying to create a flash program to launch your programs. You need to be different. Why having a static desktop, when you can have a dynamic, funky desktop. Hope you get it.
    I'm really sorry, if i've been rude to both of you (twist118 & XcVbSdRw).

Ok, so back to the original post. As you might have read that FSCommand("exec","___"); doesnot work in Flash MX, then a solution was needed and the solution came in form of Flash 5.

Confusion Explored.....

The reason, why I said confused in my previous posts was, I was thinking that the OS Windows 2000 has some problem with FSCommand(); but all my flashkitterz solved my problem stating that MX has particular conditions, if I wish to use FSCommand.

Nicole Jacobson
    Now this is for your post, twist118, you asked me Based on your post, I was just curious why you were trying to create a flash program to launch your programs. You need to be different. Why having a static desktop, when you can have a dynamic, funky desktop. Hope you get it.
    That's all I wanted to know. Thanks for the appology and for the civilized explanation.
    And just in my defense, my original post said:
    Well, this is sort of off topic of the problem, but...
    I realized from the beginning that you were not asking how to use Windows and my intention was not to 'twist' your thread, but to gain understanding of why you were using flash to launch your programs. Now I know. Good luck with your desktop.

Thanks Dude!

Thanks Dude! for accepting my apology.

I apologize again if i was rude. But I really say that the reply you posted kindda p*ssed me off but now all the things are sorted out and we are back on to our normal path, I'm really happy that someone angry on me has accepted my apology and calmed down.

Ok, TWIST118, you said in your post that exe isin't working. Is this problem still persisting.