A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Flashkit going to the dogs?

<83)~ ratman
    it's good to see that with such a massive site to upkeep. mr. starkey still has time to address the concerns of the little people on the forums.

and this whole designers sending in new designs later down the track sounds like a good idea. im thinkin nothing to major..

maybe a new logo? or something like a new header or something. much the same but a little diff maybe a little more modern (but i know that'll date quick i guess)

i dunno

steve rat

Civilian
    Originally posted by steve_rat

maybe a new logo? or something like a new header or something. much the same but a little diff maybe a little more modern (but i know that'll date quick i guess)
    I have a development version of FK in XML/XSLT parsed server side. I'm doing this so that the site doesn't have to be recoded again when HTML is obsolete. It's moving slow though. Once that's complete and everything is in template format, the plans were to work on a new design.

this has been asked before but never got a clear answer.

how can people submit a site for the FK award?

the link doesn't work!

hooray!

Well, my movie got updated - thanks jstarkey, and all is well. I'd love to see a visual redesign, but I'd be much happier to see what's already here working properly.

I don't relly have a problem with FK. It's well laid out, maybe a few more ad's than I would like, but sever space and/or domains cost money. ultrashock has got to be the WORST laid out site I have EVER come across. Waaaay too small, I feel cramped browsing that site.

I think it's ironic that the admin has fewer posts than some of the mods, but hey, he's a busy guy.

I do have a question though- how would I go about changing the HTML code from OFF to ON?
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

Civilian
    Originally posted by Steve_w_V

I think it's ironic that the admin has fewer posts than some of the mods, but hey, he's a busy guy.
    Miko or me? Are you talking about FK or US?

I do have a question though- how would I go about changing the HTML code from OFF to ON?
    It's not something you can change. Which forum are you referring to?

Ultrashock has got to be the WORST laid out site I have EVER come across. Waaaay too small, I feel cramped browsing that site.
    I think ultrashock is an excellent site, and I love the way the text is so small. You can get so much more on each page. The site is fast loading and, although there's less content than FK, it's higher quality and better vetted. If that's the worst laid out site you've EVER come accross can you send me your favourites list? Must be very impressive!

Civilian
    ultrashock has got to be the WORST laid out site I have EVER come across. Waaaay too small, I feel cramped browsing that site.
    The trick, I've heard, is to right click and get out of the little window. Especially when browsing the forums.

Originally posted by jstarkey
    Because?
    That advert for one..

Why can't it swap places with the nav bar.. the nav bar should be on the top.. when i click on board, my screen gets full of adverts.. i have to scroll down for the board.. it looks stupid, if i wasn't a reg, i'd think this was a cheap spam site..

Sorry but its true..

P.s i love FK, just saying this so it can improve..

bannertastic

Originally posted by Jemadah
    That advert for one
    Totally agree... It's blatantly been added as an after thought. Someone's decided they need more advertising space and just stuck a banner script straight after the body tag coz it's quicker. Obviously the site relies on banner advertising to generate revenue but they could be better integrated into the overall page layout.

JStarkey - Why not set a competition to design a new set of layout templates for the site? List the criteria of what's needed in terms of advertising space etc and see what happens.