A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Replacing Text in a .fla II

.:|8^)\ if I only had a brain! gangelo's Avatar

Replacing Text in a .fla II

Hi,

I have movies that use Swish and create many Symbol ###'s. I want to write a program that changes the symbol names in the .fla to something meaningful. However, when I do this, an error occurs when I load the .fla into the Flash IDE. Is there a way to do this? Is the .fla file format documented somewhere where I can know how to do this?

Thanks much!

for what i know, fla format isn't open (not like swf), that means, no one can mess with flas or crete them, except macromedia. You can do basically whatever you want with a swf, but not with a fla, and for what i know, there's very few info about fla format.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Not quite...

RoboFlash toolkit offers the ability to save out FLA files. And, there's a PSD > FLA utility on the web somewhere.

So, somewhere, somehow, the FLA file format is open and available from Macromedia - probably on a case-by-case basis or license situation.

If I knew what the abilities were, I'd start writing software that would create FLAs on OS X - and only OS X because not enough tools exist for it .