dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does God Exist Part II

Does God Exist Part II

Sorry, it was too late for me to reply to it before it was closed, but I'd still like to make a reply if aversion doesn't delete this.

Is the Universe Eternal?
    The most comfortable position for the person who does not believe in God is the idea that the Universe is eternal, because it avoids the problem of a beginning or ending, and thus the need for any “first cause” such as God.

I find this very contradictory to my own beliefs on the subject. My own beliefs state that we are all eternal in the fact that before we came to earth we were intelligences and that when we die we will always exist. Thus making the universe eternal and the fact that we have existed eternally.

Just like others have said, our minds usually go with the fact that everything has a beginning and everything has an end. It is hard to imagine time when in essence time wouldn't exist.

Like flipshark said, every answer to someone that believes in god is answered with a "if you have faith", etc. Well here's another to add to the list. We aren't suppose to know the workings of God, they are his own. Why did dinosaurs exist? Who was the first god, and how did he become God?

For me it is very hard to believe that the earth just happened. Everytime I look at nature and how perfect it is, it is hard to imagine how it was created/happened. Just another quote, either everything testifies that there is a God, or everthing testifies that there isn't a God.

Another topic, I found it interesting that athiests actually believe that there is a God but that there isn't (something to that effect, someone else described it better). Which brings me to another thought of how if Satan Exists, then God Exists. Most people have a hard time believing that Satan really exists but that God actually punishes us for things. There is opposition in all things. And there are also consequences to all actions.

Man, there are a lot of things I could go off on, but seeing as I'm getting off topic from the article I better stop. If aversion lets me keep this, I'll be happy.

if nature was perfect lima beans would taste better, but that just isn't the case (in my opinion)
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Re: Does God Exist Part II

Originally posted by Kac
    I found it interesting that athiests actually believe that there is a God but that there isn't (something to that effect, someone else described it better).
    I think you might mean Agnostic, not athiest?

atheist

\A"the*ist\, n. [Gr. ? without god; 'a priv. + ? god: cf. F. ath['e]iste.]

1. One who disbelieves or denies the existence of a God, or supreme intelligent Being.
    2. A godless person. [Obs.]
    ag·nos·tic

One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
    One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism
    j

ah, thanks for the clarification, must have gotten it messed up.

And thank you aversion