dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does God Exist??

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar

Does God Exist??

This is not meant to be turned into a debate. I simply found this article to be rather well written and thought provoking.

Whether you are an Atheist, Agnostic, Devote Theist, or anywhere in between I think this is a must read. It is long but it is worth it.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/rr/rr1995/r&r9505a.htm

Please no bickering back and forth (as traditionally happens with such topics). This is merely to stir up some thought other than "what's for dinner" not an argument

I am an Atheist, the article argues for the existence of god, I still found it a very interesting read.

i read the article and it was interesting but I don't believe that every complex system needs a designer, I think that's a parochial argument, we're trying to judge the things we don't understand in the context of the things we do. Progression in our understanding of our limited surroundings through history shows us over and over again how wrong that can be.

I don't believe in god the designer or god of any kind.

if you're going to post in this thread please keep your comments relevant to the article originally linked.

hmmm.....Didn't like the article at all. And aversion how come you deleted all the other post? cause were talking about God?

Originally posted by aversion
    i read the article and it was interesting but I don't believe that every complex system needs a designer, I think that's a parochial argument, we're trying to judge the things we don't understand in the context of the things we do. Progression in our understanding of our limited surroundings through history shows us over and over again how wrong that can be.

I don't believe in god the designer or god of any kind.
    I agree with you completely there aversion.

I also found he was rather quick to dismiss the idea of an "eternal universe" by merely showing how Jastrows theory conflicted with the laws of thermodynamics. There are many new theories which address this conflict and convincingly explain around it, yet he neglects to mention any of them.

how can you guys think there is no God? Is there not enough proof for you?

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    hmmm.....Didn't like the article at all. And aversion how come you deleted all the other post? cause were talking about God?
    You didn't like the article. What about it did you not like?

Aversion deleted the other posts because it was merely bickering back and forth. There were no intelligent debates or arguments.

Originally posted by flipshark
    You didn't like the article. What about it did you not like?

Aversion deleted the other posts because it was merely bickering back and forth. There were no intelligent debates or arguments.
    Just the whole thing. PLus the writer tried to sound intelligent by using these big words and wording everything all "scientific" like. I thought it was long too

how can you guys think there is no God? Is there not enough proof for you?
    Please go to dictionary.com and look up the definition of "proof".

Something you MUST learn to accept is that others are entitled to their own beliefs. Beliefs in the Big Bang theory or Eternal Universe/matter, are just as valid as a belief in god.

Just the whole thing. PLus the writer tried to sound intelligent by using these big words and wording everything all "scientific" like. I thought it was long too
    Yes, I agree it was quite long, however I actually believe the person who wrote it was smart (not just trying to sound smart).

No I think he was just try to sound smart

Strange, I just found the link on dictionary.com today, yet it looks like it was originally published in 1995.

banned by dp
    I believe that there is a God, I mean How can the world come to be with two particles hit each other in the middle of nothingness and made the universe That's much more far fetched then An almighty God that created every thing for a reason
    how could the human body just evolve from a fish then monkey then in to a human with perfectly working lungs, Hart, A complicated brain.
    If there is no God then there is no hope, and no after life, no heaven no hell and then the hole world could just go crazy with looting and riots and there would be no need for any existsing, But you can believe what you believe but I will always believe in my God.

Er... what? Where did my post go?

I don't see how my post wasn't relative to the link posted. Why was it deleted?

cause aversion doesnt beleive in God

The last few years, I have always questioned my belief on a higher-power that watches over us. I used to be a Christian, but I finally came to the realization that religion is just based on faith. I do not agree with faith whatsoever. I also do not agree with how, in ways, I am not in control of my life. (i.e: "God has a plan for everyone"). I like the idea of me being in control of my life. I am have concluded that I am an Agnostic-borderlined Athiest.

Just my

You do control your life, you can choose to do this, or that. Just because God has a plan for you doesn't mean your not incontrol of your life.

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    it is late and i need to get up in like a few hours soo i will read the article tomorrow, but as far as the universe and stuff when i think aobut it, it makes me go crazy ...how we are brought up to think. when you think of the uniservse going on forever...you just HAVE to disagree becaue nothing can go one forever, it HAS to be inside of something ...but if the universe IS inside of something(say like a box or something) but then there HAS to be something out side of it..continuring to go on...but when you keep thinking of the universe going ON AND ON AND ON...it just almost annoys me, and make me feel so small and useless haha and how everything we do is so small compared to everything else...sorry i am tired...soory if you don't understand what i said but darn it aggrivates me when i think about it GAH!!! haha thanks a lot

some scientist think that the universe is shrinking, and it like 124234827528934658945 years we will implode or something. To bad the world wont last that long

You do control your life, you can choose to do this, or that. Just because God has a plan for you doesn't mean your not incontrol of your life.
    Yes, we are human. We do control our lives in a way. We are given the choice to do right or wrong. Of course, humans are not perfect.But still God says that he has a plan for everyone.

But you know what really gets me mad? People dont understand that Priests, pastors etc. are people too, and people do are not perfect. So, when you hear of a Priest molesting a boy within the church everyone just blows it out of porportion. Anyone could do that. I understand the priests are meant to be put on a pedastal above us normal people. But they are still human.

Just my again!