A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does God Exist??

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    cause aversion doesnt beleive in God
    grow up for gawdsake yours weren't the only posts deleted and I resent your accusation. This thread is not about whether you or anyone believes in god or not, it's about this article and the context and perspective from which it approaches the question.

if anyone does not want to read the article and comment constructively on it please do not post, there have been plenty of threads about the existence of god in the past.
    Last edited by aversion; 08-15-2003 at 11:12 PM.

silly thought process burned into my poor helpless little mind...driving me crazy...OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING...the universe is squeezing it in on us!!!...

Originally posted by aversion
    grow up for gawdsake yours weren't the only posts deleted and I resent your accusation. This thread is not about whether you or anyone believes in god or not, it's about this article and the context and perspective from which it approaches the question.

if anyone does not want to read the article and comment constructively on it please do not post, there have been plenty of threads about the existence of god in the past.
    I agree with you, but I don't understand why my post was deleted. I was doing the same thing as you - commenting on my beliefs. I may not have referred to the text in my post, but I don't see a big difference between my post that was deleted and yours above.

grow up for gawdsake.
    Can't! I'm gonna stay my age forever hahahahah. And if anyone say anything that I don't like I'm gonna post what I think, and you can't stop me!

Can't! I'm gonna stay my age forever hahahahah. And if anyone say anything that I don't like I'm gonna post what I think, and you can't stop me!
    any mod can stop you, you've already been warned once about your behaviour on this board, it's not a playground. If you want to argue something then do so constructively and with relevance to the thread topic.

Originally posted by DigitalOne
    I agree with you, but I don't understand why my post was deleted. I was doing the same thing as you - commenting on my beliefs. I may not have referred to the text in my post, but I don't see a big difference between my post that was deleted and yours above.
    sorry if it refered to the article, I have to admit I didn't think it did, I just removed anything that was in that whole chain of exchanges.

any mod can stop you, you've already been warned once about your behaviour on this board, it's not a playground. If you want to argue something then do so constructively and with relevance to the thread topic.
    I have? By who?

Personally, I want to believe in God, but sometimes find it hard. One of the arguments made, was that something can not just create itself. If that is true, where did God from? Did God create himself?

I think SmokeBombShoe said best though,
    If there is no God then there is no hope

yeah smokeBombShoe did say it right.
    If that is true, where did God from? Did God create himself?
    God has allways been here nobody created him

It's all very interesting, and keeps me up at night pondering the question.

God has allways been here nobody created him
    then WHAT is wrong with the theory that the universe has always been here and wasn't created.

do you beleive that?

banned by dp
    I know what you mean DMS8,I used to all the time, But then I moved to Oklahoma (I found it to be the worst place in the USA)
    And while I lived there I went to a church by Eastman Curtis, It was great and I feel the presents of God I know he exists Because of this feeling (It may sound corny But its true) I could never backslide away from God because there is nowhere to really go, And not in a bad way.
    I believe in him now more then ever and I will never turn, This article is all about a person who has stayed up to many night thinking about this very subject.
    Last edited by SmokeBombShoe; 08-16-2003 at 02:23 AM.

This article made a good case for proving that this "highly ordered, well-designed Universe, and the complicated life it contains" didn't "Just Happen", but was designed.

For example: If you look at a beautiful painting on the wall, it did not just suddenly appear! An artist made a plan and then took his time, creativity, and energy to paint the picture. In the same way, things much more vast, beautiful, and complicated than a painting - like the inner workings of the human body, the precise rotation of our solar system and many other things require an artist. That artist is God!

The existence of God cannot be proven in a laboratory or through the complicated mechanisms of logic. Neither can love, nor beauty, nor happiness, but that does not mean they are not real. In the same way, just because you cannot "prove" that God exists as you can prove a chemical formula, it does not mean that He is not real. It only means you are using the wrong tools.

Faith is not anti-intellectual. Some of the finest scientists I have ever met are men and women with a deep faith in God, because they realize that science alone cannot explain where we came from or why we are here. They are convinced that science itself points to an all-wise and all-powerful Creator. As the Bible says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1).
    Last edited by FusionJedi; 08-16-2003 at 02:57 AM.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

amen to that brother!

this forum went from good to infected, in a flash (pun intended)
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

banned by dp
    Wow, very well put Jedi.

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar
    The human brain has a bug. It cannot process eternity. When you look into the sky and try to define the end you will fail. Everything we think, feel, and communicate has a begining and an end. This article is a perfect example. The author, Dr.Bert Thompson asks the question 'does god exist' yes or no? In order for the human brain to work properly we must have an answer. Failure to do so would mean you can no longer define or prove anything true/false that is directly related to this question because of the laws and priciples of 'thought' the Dr. spoke of.

There is little doubt in my mind that religion was used as a way to uphold order amongst early civilizations. When asked 'Does God Exist' i have to look at the evidence. Even if i found all of the artifacts and the bible itself to be true it only gives us a small does of truth. Why are we satisfied with this theory? Is it fear? If there is a god or 'creator/designer' then who created it?

'the universe is very efficent... it only gives us small doses of truth' - Steven Hawkins
    'of course this land is dangerous; all of the animals are capably murderous.... na na NA NA na na NA NA na na' - Janes Addiction
    'if you want a friend feed any animal' - Janes Addiction

Even if there is only one, unique set of possible laws, it is only a set of equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations, and makes a universe for them to govern. why does the universe bother to exist? Is the ultimate unified theory so compelling, that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator, and if so who created it? - credits SH

Originally posted by Vatcher
    this forum went from good to infected, in a flash (pun intended)
    I beleive you mean horrible to gooood, in a flash (pun not intended)

Since the birth and life of Jesus is DOCUMENTD FACT, I'd have to say there is a God, and I'm a strong believer.

Factual, documented history, eliminating as many myths as it could, started in 4000 B.C. with the Egyptians. That was 4000 years before the life of Jesus, in which time historical documentation had taken on defined form and was translated between cultures in Europe. The life of Jesus had been recorded by every culture in European times, and it so highly defined the religion of the time that government was based on religion until around the 18th century. I'm pretty sure that He's up there...