dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: website business name?

website business name?

I'm looking for a good name for a new web business in town. Think of marketing and how the name first appeals or how it could be marketed. The business will do ecommerce sites, flash and asp/database projects. Let me know what you think of these or if you have any other suggestions!

ITWEBBUILDERS
    ITWEBPROVIDERS
    ULTIMATESITESOLUTIONS
    TRUESITESOLUTIONS
    YOURCOMPLETEWEB
    TOTALWEBPROVIDERS
    ITWEBSOLUTIONSONLINE
    WEBTECHSOLUTIONSONLINE
    SMARTWEBSOLUTIONSONLINE
    SHARPWEBSOLUTIONS
    TOTALWEBADVANTAGE
    YOURSITESOLUTION
    TRUEWEBADVANTAGE
    TRUEWEBONLINE
    ADVANCEDWEBONLINE
    SMARTWEBCENTRAL
    SMARTWEBSOLUTIONS
    WEBTECHSOLUTIONS

Thanks!
    Kevin

probably most of those are taken already. you really need to come up with something thats not so cookie cuttered.

All of these .coms are available. Any examples?
    Kevin

Señor member
    Originally posted by kickit247
    All of these .coms are available. Any examples?
    try to be more creative, you don't necessarily need "solutions" or "online" in your company name. I got sick of all the domains I wanted being registered already so I usually just put random words together to make a name.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

I would like for anyone that sees the name to know what kind of services we provide and for it to sound professional.
    Last edited by kickit247; 08-16-2003 at 09:01 AM.
    Kevin

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    I don't really like any of them...too cliche...but if I had to pick on it would be YOURCOMPLETEWEB .

by the way, I just registered all of them so they're all taken now

just kidding

You had me for a second. Do you have any creative ideas off the top of your head?
    Kevin

My advice would be to keep all those standard buzz words (internet, net, web, IT, etc) out of the name. If you look at company names for all the big firms, in pretty much any industry, they rarely have such industry buzz words in the name. You have to think non-linear.

those names are too long, you should think of something short and easy to remember, finding a company name is extremely difficult. Try to find an easy one that fits you the best. We searched allmost 2 weeks to find our name.

Good luck

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    something easy to remeber or clever is also very good...

example: a store sign i saw was "onceuponavine.com"...very clever and so i remembered it..they sell wine i think

so even if it's long, it might be okay, as long as it's memerable.

definetely agree with these guys. I wouldn't look twice at the names you offered, go with something interesting, do you think any bands that were called really boring things got very far?

Thanks for all the advice. It's just hard to come up with a good creative name.
    Kevin

Master of the Absurd
    I also agree. Since you are marketing a creative product, your name has to be creative. You have to think of the type of perception you want for your company and if you're going after any niche markets. My company shoots for larger companies that are focused in the creative realm (artists, movie studios, recording companies) and while we're still breaking into those markets, it's important for us to have a company atmosphere that appeals to that market. For example, we never go to meetings in suits or use stupid corporate speak. We're just ourselves (hip-looking, creative types who aren't afraid to let their tattoos show, etc) We're not afraid to walk to a different beat and that's the creativity people want from us.

One of the very successful web firms in the US is named 2Advanced Studios. Their name doesn't specifically tell what they do, but you know what? People certainly remember it. I think if you look around your everyday life, you'll find that many of the companies who make products you use have names that elude a clear definition of what they do (i.e. Panasonic, Exxon, Pillsbury, Verizon, etc) Using a generic name is just as bad as calling yourself "Acme".

I agree.. all those names sound soooo generic.. and i wouldn't go to any of them.. christ.. just use your name.. maybe u become as famous as Hillman Curtis

Yo kick, like the other guys have said, the names you have chosen sound bit plain and "stereotyped". It does depend on your target audience but in my opinion going with a name like that is a bit boring for me Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with those names but they don't stand out and I would probably forget a name like that.

Think about it....... what the heck does Microsoft have to do with an operating system? It has a slight connotation toward it's purpose but really not enough for a person that doesn't know Microsoft to know the product. Once you have a name it really comes down to marketing to get known. You could always use a slogan to describe your company.

INGENIX - cutting edge internet design ? <-- example (something off the top of my head )