dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: XM radio

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    47

    XM radio

    whos got it and what do you think of it?
    from here over there

    * MX user *

  2. #2
    Moonlight shadow asheep_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,010
    What is it?

    If it's this, http://www.xmradio.com/, then they are wasting their time. Digital Audio Broadcasting (AKA Digital Radio) is about to explode (not literaly). That satalite service will be extinct pretty quick.

  3. #3
    Señor member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Huddersfield, UK
    Posts
    1,819
    I like Triple J, it's great listening to crazy Aussie radio over the int0rweb
    Company, Meet Creative
    sign up, help spread the word and win a shuffle.
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

  4. #4
    Harmony & Justice Veniogenesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    4,434
    My friend has it.

    She says it sucks.
    "waste of money"

    lol But, personally, I don't know.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

  5. #5
    Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    over my shoes and under my hat
    Posts
    3,887
    paying for "digital" radio, BLEH!...radio should be free no matter how "good" it is...well i don't know i would pay a little not to have to listen to stupid Djs talk, silly local commercials, and the same song 4 times in a half an hour period.

  6. #6
    F# A# oo Ian424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    1,070
    We got a few of em, they are allright, but really I don't like most of the selection.

    I figure its only worth it for a car, if you want one for your house, you might as well stay with internet radio, because its got a much larger selection and doesnt cost a lot.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    47
    where is a good place for radio on the net
    from here over there

    * MX user *

  8. #8
    F# A# oo Ian424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    1,070
    http://www.shoutcast.com/

    I'm pretty fond of http://ww.somafm.com as well.

  9. #9
    http://launchcast.yahoo.com is my favorite.


    Gerbs has Sattelite radio (not sure if it is XM or Sirius), and he said he liked it.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

    Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

  10. #10
    Moonlight shadow asheep_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,010
    Originally posted by WannaBe_80z
    paying for "digital" radio, BLEH!...radio should be free no matter how "good" it is...well i don't know i would pay a little not to have to listen to stupid Djs talk, silly local commercials, and the same song 4 times in a half an hour period.
    Eh?

    Digital radio is free? You buy a digital radio set rather than an anoluge radio. More stations, no interferance, better quaility.

  11. #11
    supervillain gerbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    undecided.
    Posts
    18,978
    to the brits, DAB is a different system...

    XM Radio and Sirius are mostly US only satellite broadcast systems that offer coast to coast, again USA, coverage. I have an Alpine 9815 and so far, it's not bad. I can't call it perfect, but in the absence of a CD Changer now, it supplies tunes in the genre's I like easily. Plays the newest music. People that like hard to find music will dig some of the independent stations... but the fact it has like 10 country stations annoys the hell out of me.

    But, on a recent 2100 mile road trip, I lost signal only in tunnels. I've recommended it to people in the past.

    As far as I know, it's not fully available in Europe anyway.

    [ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

  12. #12
    Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. aliensynergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Arizona.
    Posts
    163
    Originally posted by jamble7000
    I like Triple J, it's great listening to crazy Aussie radio over the int0rweb
    You listen to The Js in the UK, through XM radio? That is too cool! I guess it'd be possible in the US too then? I miss Triple J.
    I miss my Thursday mornings listening to Dr Carl and of course miss al the great Aussie bands.
    synergy:theory
    it'll be finished someday.

  13. #13
    F# A# oo Ian424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    1,070
    Originally posted by gerbick
    to the brits, DAB is a different system...

    XM Radio and Sirius are mostly US only satellite broadcast systems that offer coast to coast, again USA, coverage. I have an Alpine 9815 and so far, it's not bad. I can't call it perfect, but in the absence of a CD Changer now, it supplies tunes in the genre's I like easily. Plays the newest music. People that like hard to find music will dig some of the independent stations... but the fact it has like 10 country stations annoys the hell out of me.

    But, on a recent 2100 mile road trip, I lost signal only in tunnels. I've recommended it to people in the past.

    As far as I know, it's not fully available in Europe anyway.
    Yeah, problem is, it loses the signal around here pretty frequently when driving. Might be because I live around mountains, but its pretty annoying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center