A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: intro check please

intro check please

hello, just finished this first run on an intro for a client. please let me know your thoughts good and bad and let me know if you encounter any problems. thank you!

www.axiomflash.com/bbmm

-note: the site design isn't mine, just the intro. was a 3 day project. probably put in 12 hours total.

quite nice, might want to speed up a bit.

could use some sound.

i agree, sound will help alot.
    its nice, but its too slow, maybe try and think of something else rather then fade in's.

good job.

nice. yes, sound, and the drop shadow on the logo really works well.

Are you using the soften edges on the drop shadow? I have had poor results with this technique on the processor speed. Just curious.

the drop shadow is just a photoshop drop shadow exported as a jpeg. (a png would work better if it was moving or the background was textured because of the alpha levels, but the jpeg has a smaller file size)

thanks for the feedback.
    please keep it coming

Nice, but yeah some sound would be nice, although it would obviously add to the loading time. Maybe a few bleeps, or background loop etc
    The self of himself

doesn't work for me, the preloader bar goes to the end but that's it, no intro, but i like the logo animation altough the bg color in the logo is not the same as the flash, might wanna polish that.

i'm sad i couldn't see it.

_
    Audio would bring it very far.

Love the effect with the white outline of the picture, looks very nice. Good masking. Logo looks excellent!

Seems a little empty, the skip button doesnt look all that nice.

The preloader seemed to sit for a sec after it finished loading.

i saw it now, it's quite good, i hate intros because they give too much work and 99% of people will hit the skip button anyway, i hate making intros. but if i have to i like them simple and short, yours qualifies. the only thing i would do is speed the frame rate a lot, don't be scared to do so and maybe some music would be cool but not really a must.

overall it's good work.

Very nice work

Aside from sound and a tad tardy on the action (maybe an increase of 5-10 frms
    a second would be enough), you've hit the nail very well.
    I noticed: The 'skip intro' button doesn't work. Not sure if this is intentional or not...

Good work so far, esp in 12 hrs!

Last edited by hGraf Design; 08-18-2003 at 08:28 PM.
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

I like it, it totally works with the site. good job

Re: Very nice work

this is a first round product. had to create it and then the client will get back to me with changes. this is a subcontrated job so ive gota play the waiting game for their opinion.

Originally posted by bullage
    Nice, but yeah some sound would be nice, although it would obviously add to the loading time. Maybe a few bleeps, or background loop etc
    i have to wait to see if the client would want music. i have been highly sugggesting it as it would make a huge difference in the overall impact.

Originally posted by mikecoutermarsh
    Seems a little empty, the skip button doesnt look all that nice.
    The preloader seemed to sit for a sec after it finished loading.
    skip button isnt great i admit but i needed to find a way to fit tit with the navigation on the site their made. if you have any suggestions on how to keep the style but improve the look i would appreciate your thoughts.

not sure what the delay after preloader is about. ill check into it, thank you.

Originally posted by hGraf Design
    Aside from sound and a tad tardy on the action (maybe an increase of 5-10 frms
    a second would be enough), you've hit the nail very well.
    I noticed: The 'skip intro' button doesn't work. Not sure if this is intentional or not...
    i do plan on speeding up the framerate after they get a chance to look at it. i have learned from past clients that they find the intros really overwheling to analyze when they are fast. hahaha. very good advice, thank you.

the skip button does work, tested it at all parts of the intro. not sure why it didnt for you... anyone else mind testing it please?

thanks again for the help anymore. any more comments are useful to me, and i will be sure to post the final version when its complete in case anyone is intereted. thanks for your time

Its a nice intro. Very nice indeed.

The only bit that I find missing is the sound. It seems very DEAD without even a little hint of dink/whoosh/blip sounds.

There are a couple of times when the animation slows down alot, and thats the first bitmap when you motion it from left to right. And another time is when the picture split into white frames changes to blue boxes. Seems to slow on my computer.

Other than that it appears very well.

Nice job.

MM

[]D[][]V[][]D

?

I had the same problem with the preloader loading, then nothing. Nothing happens.

And also - Doe no one else see a swastica(sp) in the spinning logo in the preloder?

Re: ?

Originally posted by Synic
    And also - Doe no one else see a swastica(sp) in the spinning logo in the preloder?
    yes, unfortunately i have through the entire project. bugging the hell out of me!

if you go a bit further back in time you'll find that the symbol of the swastika had a much different meaning than what the nazis gave it.
    by implying the symbol in your logo, i believe you are helping to return it to it's original intent.

yeah, its an ancient symbol. and in the orient they still use the swastika in lots of graphics, except its the opposite, spinning counterclockwise. its called something like the schweslestika, haha. thats totally off but you get the idea.

Hmm

I've pretty sure I've seen that logo somewhere else before.