A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Alignment of swf within a Sprite

Alignment of swf within a Sprite

Yes I did read the tutorial on the Total Impact website on "Swish and Loading Movies" and no it did not help the situation I'm faced.

In simple terms I have a number of sprites in a movie called button1,2 3 and so on. Within each sprite I have a text number, a rectangle and another sprite (called content 1, 2 3 and so on) that calls on the introduction of a swf file to load when the button in the sprite is pressed.

The swf file loads and all is correct.....except that I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to get my movie to line up where I would like it to run in the main swi. I would dearly love for them all to run on the same x/y co-ords.

Is there a sure fire formula that enables me to set the position of the movie, then create the sprite and be assured the whole thing is not going to look incorrect everytime I publish it?

with thanks

Brian

hi,

if you load movies into a sprite, the center of the sprites icon (the little film strip) will be the top left corner of the loaded movie.

make sure that you load your movies into a sprite instead of a level! (note the two radio buttons in the load movie action panel, make sure tick "into sprite").

if this doesn't help, please zip all relevant files (swi's and swf's) and attach them to your next post, or (in case the file's bigger in size than 100k) upload the zip and post the link here...

Thanks for that Lys. I will have a try this morning.

Brian